Meetup at Midnight

It was unbelievably cold that night. I heard from uncle that it was normal. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the cold breeze. With my night gown and a shoal, I went out to my balcony to take a glance of the scenery outside the fort.

I stayed there for a few minutes and what caught my eye is the sudden movement in a bush nearby. I squinted my eyes to see closer, but it was no use.

Feeling my heartbeat speed up, I jumped from my balcony to take a close look. I peeked behind the bush slowly, readying a knife behind me. But nada. Nobody was there.

"As expected of a half" someone spoke and you figured it came from the tree beside you. You looked up at one of its branch to see a familiar red-head. "It's you!" you said, jumping up to another branch opposite from him. "I... I wanted to meet you again."  and he just smirked.

"Funny. I thought of the same thing." He said. I could still remember how we stayed on those branches as the cold breeze blow. "What's your name?" I decided to break the silence. "Akashi Seijuro." He said, eyes still on the sky.

Since then, you would sneak out of your room at night to meet Akashi. The more you got closer to him, the more you could slowly see his future and it wasn't anything pleasant.

"I wanted you to know a part of me." One night Akashi told me. In a blink of an eye, his left eye that used to be red, turned gold. The aura around him completely changed.

"That reaction is not what I expected" he said, still eyeing you. "Akashi?" I muttered. "I thought I told you, this is a part me." He said which somehow made me smile but it soon fades away when you saw a vision in your head.

"This eye can see the future just like you. I know what you saw and you don't have to feel sorry for me." He said which made me look up to him. "You know that your father will die? Why won't you do anything about it?" I asked.

"He knows this too. He didn't want me to interfere." He said as he jumped down the tree and held a hand to help me down which I took.

Just as I jumped down, I realized that his eyes were back to normal. "Ever wondered why your uncle who was older than your dad recided here instead of becoming leader?" He asked and I just got the feeling that he knew the answer.

I was about to ask him to tell me but he cut me off "Find the answer by yourself" with that, he disappeared.

Finally feeling cold, I went back to my balcony through the blankets I tied up.

"How long have you been seeing that young man, Rika?" I heard someone say as soon as I climbed the balcony. "Uncle..." was the only thing I could say. "You remind me of your parents' secret meet up. I used to cover up for you father a lot." He continued. Now that I think of it, I never heard anything about my parents before.

"Your father used to knock on your mother's window every night. They were friends, became lovers and eventually, their emotions got ahead of them, they created a miracle. It's you, Rika." Uncle said as he smiled at me.

I smiled to myself as I let myself imagine my parents' youth. Slowly, my memories are comming back.

But why does this feel so wrong?

I shook the thought out of my mind. I have to remember fast before Seijuro and Kuroko kill each other.

"But uncle, you're the eldest son, right? How come father became the leader?" I finally asked.

"I told father that I when I become the leader, I want peace between the Aka and Shiro. He didn't like that. So here I am, exiled. But I secretly accept Akas who pledge for peace here in the fort. I thought that even though I am exiled, I am doing what I can for my goal." Uncle said and it just made me think about what could have happened if he actually became leader.

"I don't deserve to become a successor." I muttered.