chapter 1: were moving?

The music was blasting through the speakers and the party was at its climax. From the looks of it, it seemed as though the entire school came since even though this house was a mansion there was no such thing as breathing space. I pushed through the crowd of drunk and dancing teenagers towards the pool in the backyard where my best friend had been waiting for me for the past 20 minutes. I was supposed to reach her with 2 cups of drinks by the time I reached the pool I realized I was just holding 2 empty cups.

"Great! Just great."I squeezed the cups and threw them on the slippery ground and walked towards Bethany.

"I thought you went to get us drinks." She spoke after eyeing my empty hands in confusion.

"Well excuse me but you should be happy I made it out of the crowd alive."

"I'd appreciate your existence if I had a drink to celebrate it with."

Just as I was about to defend myself my phone vibrated in my pocket reminding me of me curfew.

"Beth I gotta run or ill be late. You want me to drop you off?"

"nahh ill find myself a ride. You go."

"Be safe." With that I turned to the crowd and prayed for my life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reached home just 5 minutes before my curfew.

I parked my car in the garage and walked inside. To my surprise mum and dad were seated in the lounge, usually they would be in bed by now.

"Hey guys. Is something wrong?" I asked as I fell on the sofa next to my dad.

"Honey we need to talk about something." Dad had an awfully concerned expression on.

And now I was very worried

"We decided not to tell you anything since there was no official confirmation but honey our law firm is transferring us to a different city. Since summer is coming to an end and your new school year is starting we think it's better you start the new semester in your new school so the whole moving process does not interfere with your studies."

"That's a lot of words for one sentence dad. I just....dad we have always lived here I grew up here." well technically I grew up with my grandma but whatever we are making a point here.

"Honey this is very important for our case and you don't have to worry about packing your things we hired movers to take care of everything. In two days this house will be empty and we'll have to leave."

"Valarie trust us. This will be a good change for you." Mum re-assured me quietly

I shook my head not being able to say anything. I walked up to my room and lay on my bed no matter how hard I tried I could not sleep. So I texted Beth.

SOS.

1 minute later my phone ran