chapter 27: he's a legend just like his fa-

(I am in no way supporting smoking , the picture of Francisco  attached above is just really good. )

INSPIRATIONAL WORDS DOWN THERE.

I grab my jacket hanging behind the door just so I have a little more layers covering my skin, don't get me wrong I am in a rush to get to Alex before he disappears but it is windy out tonight and I am extremely sensitive to cold. I stumble to find my way in the dark as I grab my keys and shoes and tip-toe down the stairs, extremely careful to not wake up mom and dad. I slowly reverse my car out of the garage and drive off to where the car was headed.

"Time to follow you, I really hope you're not a drug dealer."

After 30 minutes of driving first to an area I do not recognize. Then I realized we were headed out of town. Then we kept driving through under-developed areas until we reached a huge warehouse. Maybe this was what it was and I can go back without worrying about Alex.

I sat in my car and looked around, there had to be about more than 50 cars and jeeps here and I'm pretty sure they belonged to the opposite gender and here I was a 17 year old girl and in her pajamas sneaking out after bedtime to follow her neighbor/friend to a mysterious and scary place in the middle of the night. I looked around for my phone until I remembered I forgot to grab my phone up as I was grabbing my keys. Taking in a huge breathe I got out of the car and locked it as I tightened my jacket around me. I put my keys in the inside pocket of my jacket as I walked towards the huge doors which were left wide open.

The lights lit up every corner of the building as the crowd roared bringing the entire building to life.

"Oh man, what have I gotten myself into." I murmured to myself.

I looked around in the crowds searching for Alex but instead my eyes landed to the centre of the room.

"What the hell?"

A ring was set up in the middle of the room on a stage as everyone gathered around it. I stood in shock my eyes focused on the beaten up and bruised face of Alex as he stood in a corner with Scott outside the ring talking to him. I moved towards the crowds pushing past people as the fight began. I felt heat and pressure rising in me as Alex fought. I bumped into a man as stood right in front of the ring as fear filled me up inside. I watched in anticipation as to what would happen next, both of them fought fiercely but Alex put up a good defense.

"Isn't he good?" said a man who stood next me

I shook my head as I couldn't get any words out of mouth. This was last thing I expected and honestly I was terrified for my friend's life. Another part of me was comforted knowing he did this a lot and he seemed to be pretty good at it.

"He's a legend, just like his fa-" before he could finish his sentence the crowd burst with a loud roar as everyone cheered for the winner .

I was too scared to turn my face towards the ring but gathering all the willpower in me I closed my eyes and turned my head straight towards the ring. I slowly opened my eyes as the sight in front on me slowly formed tears in my eyes. My eyes met with those of the contestant laying on the floor and groaning in pain. His mouth bled and his face completely bruised up. He clutched his stomach in pain as his face was turned towards me and eyes looked at me. I raised my face towards Alex as he stood proudly in the middle of the ring with a smile. Seconds later he looked down to where I was and his expressions completely changed.

I took this as a sign for me to leave, I immediately turned around and tried to find my way out of the crowds pushing through the men as the stood jam-packed together. I finally got to the gate and practically ran outside breathing in the fresh air as it seemed to relax me.

"Valarie?"

I turned around to see Alex standing behind me out of breathe

"Hey, shit okay so I didn't think you'd see me and I'm sorry I followed you since you clearly didn't want anyone to know about this."

"Why did you follow me?"

"I was worried really, you weren't coming to school and when you did you were all beat up."

Before he said something else he grabbed my arm and took me to where my car was

"Alex calm down, you're dragging me"

"I'm sorry but I have to get you out of here, this isn't exactly the safest place"

"yeah"

"I'll tell you why I do it but I have my reasons and I will tell you everything just not now"

"That's okay I guess, you don't have to explain anything unless you don't want to. I just...I don't know how to feel really or if I'm even in a place to feel concerned or something since we aren't the closest friends"

"Are you kidding me? You know things that only Scott does, plus I don't know about you but I don't just share my guest room with strangers"

He smiled and I laughed, we were (somewhat) back to normal

"Just let me take you home."

"No that's okay, I have the car I can drive. Plus you came with Scott."

"Aren't you angry?"

"I-...I was concerned okay, about you. But...that guy was really hurt and you just smiled about it and celebrated" I made a face as I revisited the memory

"I can explain that part too, I don't always celebrate them being in a state like that but this fight was different"

"Yeah okay"

"C'mon don't be angry like that"

"Yeah I...It's just that I looked at that guy and thought what it would have been like if you were in his place and you probably were because look at your face"

"So you care about me now?" he laughed as he uttered the statement as a joke

I obviously didn't realize that and continued to speak in the moment

"Yes I do Alex, I care about you okay both because you're my friend and I really lik- . oh f**k ." I shut up as soon as I realized what i had just said

crap crap crap crap .

"I need to go."

"Sunshine wait!" Alex grabbed my wrist and turned me around so I was face to face with him. "You never told me you liked me."

"It's not exactly the kind of thing I just throw around like that, plus it's not like you talked about having any feelings"

He stayed silent and I took this as my second sign to leave. I took my keys out and let go of his grip as I got in the car

Why didn't he say anything?

Why did it hurt that he didn't?

AUTHORS NOTE

bam! and what do you think about that . man all this just kept coming to me as i was writing and man it feels goooood

i hope you guys liked this chapter and i know its a little smaller then usual but don't forget to

COMMENT

VOTE

i love you guyssssssss

until next time.xx