chapter 24: what's that my lo-

valaries outfit below.

"Okay so, would anyone like to recap today's lecture?" my teacher spoke as she looked away from the white board

Not me. Please not me. I hate math. Not me

"Valarie?"

Oh shyte

"Well we learned about the formulas." I stuttered my way through the sentence

"I think you need to tell us a bit more then that" Miss Avery looked at me with her eyes narrowed

"We did the... Pythagoras theorem, and the sin and cos rule formulas." I rushed through the words and took a deep breath as I finished

I am terrified of speaking up in front of an entire class

"Good enough, you can sit down."

I did as Miss Avery began to look around the class for the next student. "Alex, you're up next "

He smiled at her as he looked towards her, "We started with the Pythagoras theorem which is used for right angled triangles. We did the trigonometric ratios, sin cos and tan. And we also did the sin and cos rule which is used when the triangle is not right angled. "

"Excellent, the rest of you can leave but Valarie and Alex stay. I need to talk to you two."

Oh no, oh no. what did I do? Did I fail a test? Did I miss a class? Wait no I'd know if I did those things. What is happening?

"Alex you've always been a smart student and you never get a grade below B. Along with that I've considered that you two are close friends which would mean Valarie would be comfortable around you. So, in my opinion I think you two should consider student tutoring."

The what?

"I'm not saying that your grades are bad valarie, I just know that you can do better and Alex can help you with that"

"Sounds good, I'm free to help her" Alex added and the both of them turned to look at me. I was extremely nervous so I just nodded

"Okay then it's decided, I'll let the administration know so they can add in the extra credit for you Alex."

Alex nodded and we both left the classroom

I slung my bag over my shoulder after poorly throwing my books inside it as I attempted to catch up to Alex in the hallways. What can I say I'm a pro multi-tasking. I attempted to pass through the crowds and I was getting closer. Alex was an arm length away from me but obviously something bad just had to happen. I felt someone's hand on my back as it gave me a heavy push forward. I was about to fall face flat before someone grabbed my waist and pulled me up in a swift motion.

I was breathing heavy as I had my hands on my knees and I bent down, I lifted my head to see Alex's worried eyes transform into raging ones as he turned towards the guy that pushed me and gave him a death glare, with that he turned around grabbed my wrist and led me outside.