Throwing Punches

Jackson's POV:
"So baby, April what would you two like to drink." My mom asked
"Beer." I said
"Vodka Martini." April said and my mom went to get the drinks. I noticed April frowning.
"You okay?" I asked
"I just really don't want to be here."
"We could make a run for it." I said
"No. Your mom would still find us. I just know she's going to harass me."
"Well it's only because she likes you." I said
"Is there anything I can do to make her like me less?"
"Unfortunately not. Many have tried and all have failed." I joked and she laughed. My mom set the drinks down and me and April both immediately started to drink.
"So April honey have you cashed in you v-card yet?" Me and April both choked.
"Mom!" I reprimanded her
"What I'm just trying to help her loosen up a bit!"
"No Dr. Avery I haven't and I'm not going to."
"Well. Fine. But a little flirting can't hurt anyone. Why don't you go talk to that young man?" She said
"I really don't-"
"April you have to loosen up." April opened her mouth to argue but then she realised that she wasn't going to win this argument and so got up and walked over to the guy.
"Mom." I said
"What? April is a nice girl she deserves to have a guy in her life to take care of her at home."
"She lives with me and Karev I think she's covered"
"That's not the kind of taking care of I was talking about." I opened my mouth to reprimand her again but I noticed April looking really uncomfortable at the bar with that guy. She actually looked slightly scared. I got up and went over.
"Excuse me. What going on here?" I asked trying to be polite.
"Back off buddy she's coming home with me." I gritted my teeth and looked at the man.
"I don't think so." I said still trying to e nice.
"Really cuz I do." He said as he pulled April towards him. I gritted my teeth again and then I lost it. I punched the guy right in the face and the released April and cursed loudly.
"JACKSON!" April shouted. But I jut grabbed her arm and ran out of there closely followed by my mom. The guy didn't bother following us.
"You see what happens when you force her into things!" I shouted at my mom.
"Jackson." April mumbled
"I was just trying to help. The girl needs to loosen up!" My mom shouted back
"NO SHE DOESNT. BECAUSE APPARENTLY YOUR IDEA OF LOOSEN UP IS HAVING RANDOM CREEPY GUYS FROM A BAR GRABBBING AT HER!" I screamed
"Jackson." April said a little louder
"DO NOT TALK TO ME IN THAT WAY! AND I CANT BELIEVE YOU PUNCHED THAT MAN! IT IS VERY UNBECOMING OF AN AVERY!"
"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! I WAS SAVING MY FRIEND THAT GUY WAS A DOUCHE AND ITS YOUR FAULT SHE WAS IN THAT SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!" I shouted again.
"JACKSON!" April shouted and I looked at her. "Can we please just go home." She said
"Yeah come on." I said putting and arm around her and leaving my mom to make her own way home.

April's POV:
We got through the front door and Alex was sat in the lounge with Arizona. I looked at them both and just broke down into tears. Jackson pulled me into a hug.
"Woah Kepner what's up? I haven't even insulted you yet?" Alex said trying to make a joke.
"My mom got her to talk to some random at the bar and he started harassing her. It wasn't a great night." Jackson explained.
"You okay Apes?" Arizona asked me. I pulled away from the hug and stopped crying. I nodded and then looked at Jackson's shirt.
"Sorry." I said pointing at the wet patches I left on his shirt.
"Don't worry about it." He said. I looked at his hand and it was bleeding.
"Crap, Jackson your bleeding." I said.
"Shit." He said "must've been from when I punched that douche."
"You punched the guy?" Karev asked
"Yeah e was being an ass and I had to get us out of there."
"Aww did Avery go into kick ass protective services mode?" Arizona teased and he and Alex laughed. Jackson gave them a sarcastic smile.
"I'm gonna go to bed." I mumbled walking towards my room.
"Apes you sure your okay?" Jackson asked
"Yeah." I mumbled and went inside my room. I locked the door and lied down on my bed and drifted off to sleep.

Jackson's POV:
I sat down on the couch next to Alex and Arizona and Alez passed me a beer.
"Thanks man." I said
"You seriously punched that dude for Kepner?" He asked
"Well yeah." I said
"Why? Judging by the sound of him he probably coul have killed you." Alex said
"Well someone had to protect her." I said
"Do you like her?" Arizona asked
"What do you mean? She's my best friend of course I do."
"I don't mean like that." She said
"What? No! Why would you guys even think that!" I said alarmed
"Because I'd never punch up a dude for Mer or Cristina."
"That's because their husbands are Hunt and Shepard."
"So even if it was some random bar guy. I would never punch them. I'd intervene and drag the girl away but I wouldn't touch the guy"
"It just sounds like more than friendship." Arizona finished
"No. It's not. How does it even-"
"And you guys are always flirting." Alex continued "remember on your first day I even thought you were together."
"Yeah I remember and April was seriously pissed at you. So don't say stupid things like this in front of her or she'll rip your head right off." I said
"Just saying man." Karev said
"You just seem very overprotective." Arizona finished.
"Whatever." I said getting up to go to bed "night" I said.
"Night." They responded in unison.

DONT BE SILENT READERS! Tell me what you think.
Title: Throwing Punches (Helmet)