Another Life

April's POV:
Everything happens for a reason. But what if something in my life hadn't happened. What if one tiny event, changed everything I have today. What if I had another life ........

*ALARM BEEPING*
"Apes. Wake up" he said rolling over to kiss me on the forehead. My boyfriend, Charles Percy, and I had been together for 6 years. He's the sweetest most patient guy I know. We still haven't slept together and I honestly feel awful for him, but he knows no sex before marriage. But I know guys have an ego, so I let him tell his friends we have. Only one person knows, Jackson Avery.
"Five more minutes."
"I'm not your mom get up babe"
"Ugh fine"
We walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Jackson and Reed making breakfast.
"Why can't we set them up again?" I whispered to Charles
"I told you she's not interested"
"How do you know? She's my best friend."
"I just do." He said
"You two wanna stop whispering about us and come get your food?" Jackson said making Reed laugh.

We got to the hospital and all got changed.
"Kepner come on. We have patients to attend to. And where's Karev?"
Callie said coming into the residents locker room.
"See you later babe, Shepard's waiting." Charles said kissing me on the cheek.
Then Karev came into the locker room
"KAREV!" Callie shouted
"WHAAAAATTT" he shouted back.
"Get your ass ready we have patients you freaking asshole." She said
"Okay honey calm down, where's grey."
Mark said coming into the room.
"Meredith or Lexie?" Alex asked
"Meredith, little Grey's been suspended for almost killing a patient."
Then Jo came in.
"Uh, hey Alex..." she giggled
"What Wilson."
"Nothing...." she giggled
"Back away from my man Wilson." Izzie Stevens said coming in a giving Alex a kiss.
"Gross too much PDA." I mumbled
"Hey Avery you wanna stop staring at your best friends girlfriend." Cristina said coming in. I looked at Jacks and he quickly looked away to Cristina.
"What? No I - I wasn't that's, gotta go Bailey is waiting" he said leaving backwards and walking into the door frame. "Ow shoot, crap!" He shouted running away.
"Does he do that a lot?" I asked Callie as me her and Alex started going to see our patients
"All the time." Alex laughed
"I wasn't asking you."
"He does though. Like all the time. He's into you everyone knows except you and your dumbass boyfriend"
"Like I said, I wasn't asking you."
"He's nice, Avery I mean, you should go for it, dump Percy, he's an asshole"
"Okay look I didn't ask for your opinion on my love life, we aren't friends Karev, stop acting like we are."
"Stop bickering" Callie said

Callie and Alex were in surgery so I had nothing to do except go get lunch. I was sat in the canteen by myself, I felt someone cover my eyes, "guess who?" They said and I turned round and pulled Charles into a kiss, he kissed back, more passionately than he usually does, before pulling away, "what? What just happened?" He asked as I opened my eyes to see Jackson.
"You are not Charles..." I said sheepishly
"That is correct" he said sitting down
"How come you didn't pull away you asshole" I said slapping him on the back of the head
"I-i don't know, I just thought you knew it was me."
"Even so Charles is you're best friend"
"Yeah but, oh god Apes have you not worked it out by now?"
"Worked what out."
"I'm in love with you. I always have been" he said before walking away

"What's wrong Kepner" Alex asked me when we were in the CT room.
"Nothing, what makes you think something is wrong?!" I asked flustered.
"You're legs are shaking, you have an incredibly shocked look on you're face, and you're Kepner, if you aren't smiling, something is wrong"
"Okay... we aren't friends right?"
"Would you stop saying that? It's kinda rude" he said sounding offended.
"Well we aren't really..."
"You're choice Kepner not mine"
"Anyway, look I did something, and I found out something and I need you to not tell anyone please."
"My lips are sealed" he said solemnly.
"I kissed Jackson... I thought it was Charles but it happened, and then Jackson told me he loved me and.... oh my god I have to tell Charles" I said getting up and rushing to the on call room in a hurry, with Alex tailing me saying things like "Kepner hold on! WAIT!"
I threw open the door of the on call room and there it was. Charles. My boyfriend. And Reed. My best friend. Having sex. They both saw me and Charles jumped up and started to dress himself. I ran off crying and Alex chased after me.
"Kepner come on it okay" he said hugging me when we stopped in a supply closet. "I told you he's an ass, I'll kill him!"
"No Alex it's fine"
"Come on let's just go back to mine"

Back at Alex's we were sat on his bed as he told me about how Izzie had left earlier that day, and how she left him divorce papers to sign. Then Arizona came in the room. "I brought booze... oh hi" she said .........

When I got home that night Jackson was waiting up for me.
"Where are they?" I said
"I kicked them out, god April I had no idea I'm so sorry. I swear to god I'll kill him"
"Shut up" I said and then I kissed him. We started to move towards his bedroom, items of clothing being removed. He pushed me back into his bed and started kissing my neck.
"Wait April stop stop, you're a virgin, stop"
"Hey. Jackson, it's okay, I love you..." I said.

I guess some things are just meant to be. We always say that friends are the family we chose, but I don't think you really can chose a different path for yourself. The universe doesn't just throw people together. People just fit. Like I said, some things are just meant to be.

DONT BE SILENT READERS! Tell me what you think.
Title: Another Life ~ Ingrid Michaelson