Back to work

April's POV:
I didn't go back to work for another two weeks. I wanted to wait for Arizona to go back so that I had more than one person running damage control. Mark and Lexie had gotten back together but in secret. They didn't want anyone to know because that's always seemed to complicate things. I was the only person who knew and that's only because I walked in on them kissing.
"Kepner get up it's your first day back at work" Mark said barging into the room.
"I'm up!" I called from the en suite bathroom. He came in.
"Okay kepner you know I love having you here and it's been super fun but-"
"Arizona and Callie come back tonight. I know. I'm going home tonight. Me and Jackson are going to have to work alongside eachother and we've spent 2 weeks apart. I think I can deal with seeing him again."
"Okay but if your not, you know like if at work you struggle. I can sleep at your place for a while I guess. And you can stay here with Callie and Arizona."
"Sloan. It's fine honestly. If I can't handle it at home I'll go stay with Owen and Cristina. Owen already called to check on me and offered so I know I can. Stop worrying. You have been an amazing friend these past couple weeks but I can't keep asking you to be. Jackson is like a son to you I know it's killing you that I'm here after I hurt him. So thank you but it's fine"
"Okay if you say so Kepner. Come on let's get going"

Jackson's POV:
I didn't go back to work for another two weeks. I couldn't bring myself to face everyone. I was sure April had gone back and told everyone she left me. I couldn't deal with it. I wanted to let it die down. I knew she was still staying with Mark, Arizona and Callie, so I knew she was safe and taken care of. It was time to go back to work.
"AVERY!!" Mark screamed from the other side of the lobby he ran over and grabbed me into a massive hug.
"Hey Sloan." I said laughing
"I have missed you so much! None of the other plastics guys are like you! Please never leave me again."
"You know you make us sound like a gay couple"
"Yeah we'll the rate your love life's going you may have to turn to it" he joked and I glared at him, "too soon?" He asked apologetically
"Does everyone know?" I asked
"I don't think so, I mean I haven't told anyone so unless Alex or Arizona have then...."
"What about April? I would have assumed everyone had questioned her."
"Well today's her first day back." He said
"Wait what! Why?" I asked realising I was going to get interrogated.
"She didn't want to until after Arizona got back"
"Oh godd, well I'm off to kill myself"
"Don't even joke about that I need you by my side" he said putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me along.

April's POV:
"KEPNER!" Jo shouted running over to me
"Hey Jo." I said
"When are you coming home? The empty room unsettles me, plus Alex is kinda miserable without you and none of us have eaten a proper meal in two weeks and-"
"Wilson. I'm coming home tonight. Callie and Arizona come home tonight so I can't stay in their room and wear their clothes anymore so I'm coming home."
"OH MY GOD! That's great thank you!" She hugged me, "have you seen Jackson yet?"
"No not yet, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet."
"Mentioned what?"
"The fact that I left him.." I trailed off
"Oh no one knows except for the on a you know about"
"Wait what? Jackson hasn't said anything?"
"Well today is his first day back too." She explained
"Oh god"
"April, Mark didn't tell me you were back today?" Said Lexie coming over
"Uh yeah I am..."
"That's great! Can you operate? Like right now?"
"Sure what we got?"
"Trauma, abdominal bleeding, skin flap needed in the left calf which I paged Mark for, you in?"
"Yeah come on."
We got to the scrub room and started to scrub in when Jackson came in.
"I paged Mark!" Lexie jumped surprised
"He- uh he's in surgery right now so I - but I can swap in with him I guess if-- if you" he stuttered
"We we're gonna have to do it at some point better sooner than later." I said as I finished scrubbing and went into the OR. Jackson and Lexie came in and the surgery began.
"I just want to say I'm so sorry I didn't know Jackson was gonna come and-" Lexie started to whisper to me.
"Lexie. Shut u and suction or I'll auction your face off"
"Okay"
"So." Jackson said loudly, "how's it been at Mark's?"
"Oh uh it was- yeah it was good- I cooked everyday but no change there- but- uh I mean if it's not okay with you then I won't but- I was thinking I might come home today?" I said
"April, I'd love to have you back home" he said seriously. "None of us have eaten proper meals since you've been gone anyway and I'm running of take out places to order from."

Jackson's POV:
Later that night me and April were home by ourselves. I was sat on the couch and she was cooking.
"Dinner." She said
"Damn shame Alex and Jo aren't home they'll be devastated they missed your first meal back."
"Hence I made food that leaves leftovers for them to have."
"Nice thinking." I said
We sat in silence until we finished dinner
"I'll wash up" she said grabbing the plates off the table
"Apes you know we have to talk right?"
"Please Jackson, I just got home."
"We can't avoid it forever."
"I just don't-"
"Why did you leave me?" I said
"Jackson -"
"No April no more excuses. I want answers. I've spent two weeks in this house miserable. It was an achievement for Jo and Alex to even coax me out of my room. And you seem fine. It's as if I was jus an excuse for you to not marry Matthew its-"
"THAT IS NOT TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT." She shouted over me
"DO I? BECAUSE I ASKED YOU TO MARRY ME! I FREAKING ASKED YOU TO MARRY ME AND YOU WALKED AWAY! YOU JUST WALKED OFF INTO THE FREAKING FOREST WITHOUT A CALL OR A TEXT! I DIDNT KNOW WHERE YOU WERE, IF YOU WERE SAFE-"
"JACKSON I AM SORRY THAT YOU WERE NOT MY FOREFRONT THOUGHT AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME BUT I COULDNT EVEN THINK! I COULDNT BREATHE I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO WHERE TO GO I JUST KNEW I COULDNT BE IN THAT CAR WITH YOU AND-"
"WELL WHY NOT?!" I shouted
"Why not what?" She asked quietly this time.
"Why couldn't you be in that car with me? Why wouldn't you just let me bring you home?"
"I'd just rejected your proposal."
"Why?"
"Why'd u reject you proposal?" She asked and I nodded, "we had just run AWAY from a wedding. I wasn't about to run into another one. Me and Matthew it was too rushed too quick and Jackson I didn't want us to end up the same."
"Yeah well we just took an even aster route to where you and Matthew are."
"Jackson. I don't want us to not be together but I can't marry you right now"
"That's fine. I don't care if you'll marry me now or never or if you want kids or don't or how many and I don't car if we have to live with Karev the rest of our lives because you refuse to be in a house he isn't in. I don't care. I just want you. April. I want you. That's all. All your flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, jokes, sarcasm. Everything. I just want you. I don't know where I stand with you. And I don't know what I mean to you. All I know is every time I think of you, I want to be with you."
"You don't know what you mean to me? Well here it is. You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one I never get tired of talking to, the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying, bring down my mood without the intention to and affect my emotions with every action of yours. You don't know what you mean to me because I can't explain with just words how much you mean to me, but your the only one I'm afraid of losing and the one I want to keep in my life." She said crying. I pulled her into a hug and whispered into her hair.
"Shh it's okay. I'm afraid to lose you too, but I can promise you that you don't have to be afraid of losing me." We went over to the couch and I sat down and she put her head on my lap and I stroked her hair until she fell asleep. I didn't know what we were but I didn't care. She was peaceful, she was happy. And that was all that mattered.

DONT BE SILENT READERS! Tell me what you think.
Title: Back to work, EpicLLOYD