Chapter 15: Thursday Pt. 2

Chapter 15

Telling the story to the cops was harder than I thought, especially with Xavier in the room.

I choked up on some parts and he was there to comfort me. But most of the time he was a raging fucking bull. Pacing back and forth and punching things. When he cracked a window Det. Sandler took him outside for a minute. I wasn't gonna start again unless he came back.

Finally they had gotten everything they needed.

"Thank you for your time Ms. Jones. I know this was hard for you." Said Det. Wilcox.

"I just want this to be over."

"Don't worry. It will be. You just worry about getting better, and keeping that man on a short leash." He smiled.

"I'm already on it. Bye guys." I waved as they exited.

"Thanks Kane. Although I'm beyond pissed at you, thank you for calling." Xavier said to Det. Sandler.

"I'm sorry, man. I did the best I could." He replied solemnly.

"I understand."

"So this was your guy on the inside?" I said.

"Yes I am. Sorry we had to meet this way."

"Its okay. How did you guys meet?"

"Kane, Xander, and I did four tours in Afghanistan together." Said Xavier.

"Wow. No wonder you're so closed off and bossy."

"Yea...that's why." Det. Sandler - or Kane - chuckled. Okay, so I was definitely missing something.

"Shut up." Xavier said. "Anyway, thanks for all your help. We gotta catch up one of these days."

"Yes. We sure do." He cast a glance at me.

He finally left the room when Det. Wilcox knocked on the door. He seemed like a really good guy. I wonder why Xavier never mentioned him. It seemed like they were still close, so why not?

"What was that about?" I asked him.

"What?"

"What? Those subliminals you and Det. Sandler were hurdling at each other."

"It was nothing babe. Don't worry about it." He kissed my forehead like it would suck the images outta my head. If only it actually worked...

"Don't lie to me Xavier. what you hiding from me?"

"Look I promise we'll talk about it when you get better, okay?"

"Fine. Whatever." I folded my arms and pouted as best as my bruised face could.

Its been about 30 minutes since the doctor left, and the nurse finally showed up with her handy dandy sponge and bucket of water.

"Good afternoon Ms. Jones. I'm here to give you your bath." She said brightly and got brighter once she saw Xavier. She even blushed a little, the heffa. I sat there watching her watch him while he looked around nervously.

After a while it got weirder so I decided to cut the awkward silence. I coughed getting her attention.

"Don't stare at him, stare at me. I'm the only one here you're going to be seeing naked missy. So keep your eyes on me before I knock them outta your head."

Maybe I shouldn't have snapped like that, but the bitch was looking at my man like he was a Willy Wonka chocolate bar and she was gonna tear him apart to get that last golden ticket. The only one unwrapping him is gonna be me.