Chapter 16: Saturday

Chapter 16

I was finally leaving the hospital. After dying for a couple of minutes they wanted to keep me for another night to make sure it didn't happen again.

There was no way I could stay at my apartment anymore so Nikki offered to have me stay with her. Xavier was having none of that. He said he was going to keep me safe and that meant staying with him.

We weren't at that stage where we were ready to move in together. It was too soon. He didn't care. He wanted to keep me as close as possible for my safety. And honestly I wasn't as scared as I should've been.

Things are so easy with us now that we just let things flow. We hadn't told each other "I love you" yet, and that was okay. I knew I loved him with everything I had in me. Yeah he was a brute and bossy as hell, but I knew without a doubt that he really cared for me. Was it love? I don't know. I wasn't worried though because I have enough love for the both of us.

We were currently driving to his house. He and Xander were going to go pack my stuff later on tonight. I had already given him my keys.

We didn't make any conversation as we drove. Both stuck in our own minds. I wondered what he was thinking about. He was always good at hiding his emotions, except for his breakdowns at the hospital. Other than that he was hard to read. If he didn't tell you, you would never know.

I didn't even realize where we were until he stopped. I looked up and what I saw made my heart clench. It was his house. Not a mansion. Not a penthouse suite, but a real house. A home.

Never would I have imagined him in a place like this. In books billionaires would never own a home until after being married and it made me question his past. Not for long, though. I was too mesmerized by the feeling in my chest.

I imagined us living here with our kids running through the front yard having water fights in the summer and snowball fights in the winter. I was already thinking about a future with this man that I barely even knew. I really needed to slow the hell down.

As I stared at the house in awe he stared at me with a knowing smirk.

"Yeah," he said, "its not what you expected huh?"

"Not even close, but I love it." I smiled. It kinda hurt so I toned it down a bit, but it didn't break my happy mode.

Xavier got out and helped me get out of the car. I had a slight limp so I needed assistance.

We walked to the steps and he lifted me up. He didn't even struggle. He had to put me down to open the door. The front porch even had a swing! Like them old ladies sit and knit on. I knew I was going to love the inside.

It was breath taking! As soon as we walked in there was a staircase that led upstairs. To the left was the living room. A long brown sofa was against the front window with blue and brown curtains. Across from it were two light blue chairs. In the middle was a coffee table that had a vase of flowers on it. A large screen TV hung above a fireplace, pictures placed all over the mantle. The entrance to the kitchen just through the living room.

Xavier led me upstairs before I could examine anymore. There were no pictures anywhere else. The rest of the white walls were bare. He led me to one of the rooms which I noticed was probably his room.

"You can rest if you need to. I'll go and get your things and bring them up." He said to me before running back downstairs.

I looked around his room while I waited. A giant king sized bed rested in the middle of the room. It had a wooden headboard with shelves on it they were covered with useless things such as papers and writing utensils. The bed had a brown and silver comforter set. The color scheme he had going on in this house was beautiful.