Chapter 8: Friday Pt. 2

Chapter 8

We walked into the conference room that was on this floor. It looked like the one upstairs, but it was kinda bigger.

When we walked in Richard and Lucinda were talking about... whatever the hell they were talking about.

Lucinda was looking as beautiful as ever. She had long brunette hair, hazel eyes, and tan skin. She was at least 5'8 without heels so she was damn near six foot now!

She had on a dress from her new spring collection. It was golden with jewels. The top had 3/4 sleeves and jewels on the wrist and neck. The bottom was a skater skirt with jewels shaped into a triangle on the sides.

Damn she's gorgeous.

"You guys are here early." Xavier said.

"Well I have a photo shoot in New York at 2:30 so I needed to get this out of the way so I can get there on time." Lucinda said. Even her voice was marvelous.

"Hello, Tammy." Richard said.

"Hey, Richard." I blushed. I looked over at Xavier and he was looking at me with a strained face. He was pissed.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" Lucinda asked.

"Excuse my manners. This is my assistant Tammy Jones. Tammy this is - " Xavier started, but I interrupted.

"Lucinda Martinez. I know."

"So you've been to my store?" she asked.

"Nope. Too expensive. Honestly anyone with a vagina knows who you are."

When I said it was too expensive she had this look. It looked like she thought I was beneath her.

Wow. She's like that? Should've known. Smdh.

"Well, let's get started. I need to know how to get my sales up." she said.

For an hour they went back and forth on how tho help her. She shot everything down.

When Richard suggested to raise the prices was when I jumped in.

"Why don't you drop the prices?" I asked.

They all looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why is she talking?" Lucinda asked. Everyone ignored her.

"What do you mean?" Xavier asked me.

"Well the reason you don't have so many sales is because your clothes are so expensive."

"What is the secretary talking about?" This bitch is really gettin' on my nerves.

"What I'm talking about is the fact that your clothes only reach out to people with a lot of money. You need to reach out to everybody. Instead of raising prices why don't you expand to the middle class and even the poor people. If more people can afford it more people would buy it." I was so proud of my speech.

"I think it's a great idea." John said. Yep, he was here too.

"How? She's speaking gibberish."

"I think it's a great idea too." Said Xavier. "If you get more buyers you won't need bigger prices. No one wants to but really expensive shit."

I didn't know he cussed during business hours. It was so hot.

"Do you agree with this Richard?" she asked.

"Actually, I do. It's smart." He winked at me and I blushed again. I didn't even bother to look at Xavier. I already knew what was on his face. Anger. Duh!