Chapter 3: Tuesday

Chapter 3

I was too nervous to walk into work today. The thing with Mr. King and Lassie, then Mr. King and me, was way too much for me.

I've never been so attracted yet so scared of one man in my life. I can already tell he's a player and a heartbreaker. I mean look at what he did in his office. No morally sane man would do that.

I walked pass Lassie without even looking at her. How could I?

I went in to my office and saw Mr. King sitting behind my desk.

"Oh! Hi, Mr. King. Is something wrong?"

"No... actually yes, there is."

Shit! What now?

He must've seen the scared look on my face.

"It's not you, Ms. Jones, it's me."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

He chuckled. "No. If we ever got that chance I wouldn't be the one to break it up." He winked.

Winked!

Did he have to be so sexy?

"It's about what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to be so forward with you. I was... in my element."

"Element?"

"There you go repeating me again."

"Sorry, sir."

"No it's okay. It's cute. I just wanted to apologize for my behavior." I don't know when he got up, but now he was in front of me.

"It's alright."

"Is it really."

"Yes because...-", I can't believe I was about to say this, "I kinda... maybe... sorta... probably liked it." I said sheepishly.

"I know you did. I could smell your arousal because of how strong it was. But that doesn't excuse my behavior. I want to formally apologize by taking you out to dinner tonight."

"Dinner?"

"Yep, still cute. Yes, dinner" He chuckled again. Damn that gorgeous half smile! I had to stop this from going any further.

"Okay." Fucking pathetic!

"Really? You sure?"

"Yep. Just dinner?"

"Just dinner." He seemed to smile a little more.

Ego boost or nah!

"What time?"

"Right after we get off."

"That would be nice." What the flip is wrong with me?! I've become a naive little teenager. Even as a teenager I wasn't much of a pushover. What is this man doing to me?

"I'm so glad you've accepted my apology. Now I'll be able to sleep knowing I put a smile on your face."

Oh, he's such a charmer.

"Okay. Thanks, I guess. Is there anything else sir?" I needed to get away from him. He's making my brain fuzzy.

"There are some more papers on your desk that I need you to look over and we have a meeting with an investor in three hours. I put a reminder on your computer." Without another word he went straight next door.

Moving towards my desk - where his scent still lingered - I turned on my computer and checked out the rest of the papers he gave me. I was really good at math, but goddammit if all these numbers didn't have me stumped. How can he work with all this confusion?