Chapter 6: One Week Later - Thursday

Chapter 6

It's been a week and I was going out of my fuckin' mind!

Mr. King has been bringing strange women in and out of his office and each time he gives me a look. Like he knows it's getting to me. And it is, just not in the way that he wanted.

He thought I would break down and beg him to fuck me, when really I wanna break down and cry.

I hate this. I hate that he has this power over me. He's purposefully trying to hurt me and it was working. I was really thinking about quiting. I was gonna hand in my resignation today, but I wasn't a quitter. I wanted this job and I was gonna do my best to not let him get to me.

Moans were flowing through the walls, coming from his office obviously. I put in my headphones and turned on some music so I wouldn't have to hear them.

While I was listening to Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child the light on the phone blinked, signalling that I had an incoming call.

"King's Men Industries, Mr. King's office, how may I help you?" I said into the receiver.

"Hello? Is this Tammy Jones?" a familiar voice asked.

"Yes."

"This is Richard Duncan. Do you remember me?"

"Oh, James Bond. Yea I remember you. How are you?"

"I'm okay. How are you? How's Xavier treating you?"

I couldn't tell him how it was really goin' so I just said, "Great. Everything's great. I like it here. Was there a reason you called?"

"Actually, there was something I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?"

"I wanted to ask you on a date."

"A date?"

"Yes. A date. Me and you at a nice restaurant eating expensive food. You're gonna love it." He sounded confident, borderline arrogant.

"I don't know... " I hesitated.

"C'mon it'll be fun. You'll love it."

"Okay, I guess so."

"Great! I'll pick you up tonight at seven." I could practically hear him smirking through the phone.

"But I get off at 8:00."

"I'm sure we can work something out with Xavier."

"If you say so."

"I do. Don't forget: tonight at 7:00"

"7:00. Got it. See ya."

"See ya." He hung up.

I couldn't believe I was about to go on a date. I haven't been on a date in like two years. I was nervous as hell.

Through the rest of the day I had barely paid attention to Mr. King. He was still trying to break me and even yelled at me for messing up some documents that he actually fucked up. I didn't even tell him about my date cause I was afraid of what he would do.

It was 6:54 when I looked at the clock. I had six minutes before I was to be ready for Richard. I decided that I needed to tell Xavier before he got here.

I knocked on his door.

"Come in." his voice was still harsh and cold, like he knew it was me at the door.

"Ms. Jones." He said as I entered, "What do you need?"

"I have to leave early, sir."

"How early?"