Chapter 1: The View

(A/N: This will be in Lucy's p.o.v most of the time. I will only change the p.o.v if needed.)

I stretched my arms out as far as I can and caught it! I tightened my fists around the trunk of the tree
and I pulled myself up, but I guess I used too much of my strength and broke the trunk.

"Wahhh!!" I yelled while I wiggled my arms and my legs in front of me as I was falling onto my back. "Oof!" I landed on something soft. I looked under me and I accidentally landed on someone. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." I got up and stood on the ground. I wiped the dirt off my hands first and then bowed, "Sorry!" I raised my head a bit and took glance to see who it was. The person was a guy with salmon hair, black eyes, and he looked really muscular. As he turned around to face me, I looked back at the ground immediately.

"Haha! It's ok." The salmon hair boy laughed. I blushed, his laugh is so cute!! Ugh! I can't hold back anymore. I looked up and smiled, "My name is Lucy Heartfillia! I love to talk, I love to make friends, and did you know your laugh is so cute!" The boy looked at me in shock.

Then he also smiled, "Hi Lucy, I'm Natsu Dragneel and i've been told that a lot."

"Oh really? Hehe, so what brings you to the biggest forest of Magnolia?" I tilted my head.

"Just to explore." Natsu replied.

My face brightened, "Me too!"

Natsu giggled. >///<

"Anyways, why were you trying to climbed that tree."

"I was trying to see the city, Fiore." Natsu raised an eyebrow. "I heard that if you climb a specific tree you can see everything in Fiore, and it was supposedly this tree." I pointed at the tree I was climbing.

"Oh?" Natsu looked at the tree up and down. He then looked at me and smirked. He grabbed under my legs and back. He ran to the tree and I thought I was going to die because he was going so fast, but right before we crashed into the tree, he jumped into the air and we landed on top of the it.

I looked at Natsu wide eyed, "How." I looked at the sky then back at him. "Did you---"

"I got my secrets." Natsu winked. I blushed, his wink is also very cute. I ran to the very edge of the tree and spotted Fiore. There was a crowd of people in every spot I looked at and the gigantic fountain that I thought was a rumor was actually real!

"Amazing..." Natsu and I exclaimed. We both stared at each other and laughed. We chatted and chatted until dawn.

"It's getting dark. I think we should go now." Natsu said. I puffed out my cheeks. Natsu smiled, "Want to meet at the Strauss' smoothie palace tomorrow?"

My face lit up, "Yeah!"