Chapter 6: Gray's Sister

"Lucy! What were you doing back there!?" Natsu shouted.

I shrieked, "I just wanted to tell her that we're not bad..."

"Well as you can see creatures will never be able to understand us, vampires. T-that's why my parents were killed." He looked upset. "And I can't lose you either because you are the only one I have."

I touched his cheek and cuffed it. "I'm sorry Natsu." Natsu then hugged me and I smiled and slowly hugged him back. We stayed hugging for awhile until I heard an "Aye!"

I looked down and there was a standing blue cat with angelic wings!? "Natsu, what is that?" I widened my eyes.

"Aye!" The cat said.

"It's an exceed!" Natsu smiled. "My parents told me about these before. They are the ruler of the skies and they can never be tamed." Natsu knelt down and patted the exceed's head.

"Happy!" The exceed flew.

"Happy?" I asked.

"I know! I'll name you Happy!" Natsu grinned.

"Aye! Happy!" The blue exceed pumped up his fist.

"Where did he come from?" The exceed landed in my arms and I rocked him in my arms like a baby. Then out of the blue he flew in front of us, "I snook away from Fairy Tail."

"He can speak!!?" Natsu and I spoke. We looked at each other and growled.

"You guys are fun! Are you guys a couple?" Happy flew around us.

"No!" We both yelled. "Grr..."

"Hehe. So you guys are vampires?" Happy opened my mouth and touched my teeth. "You don't have those sharp tooth on the sides."

"That's because we don't need fangs. We don't suck blood." I answered.

"Correction. We could suck blood though. It's only when we are needed to, like really need to." Natsu corrected me.

"Whatever." I whipped my
golden locks.

"Oh? Then what about vampires getting stabbed in the heart? Do they die?" Happy touched my chest.

"No. It's the neck, if our heads are cut off, we die." Natsu explained.

"So all those rumors about vampires being stabbed in the heart and sucking blood, killing creatures, is just a lie?"

"Yes."

"Then vampires aren't that bad at all!" Happy sat on my shoulder.

I patted Happy's head, "At least someone understands."

We hung out and chatted in the forests.

"I'm thirsty..." Happy fell onto the floor.

"I'll go get water from the lake." I walked around with a bowl shaped leaf in my hand and then spotted a lake. I walked toward it and filled the bowl with water. But before I left I saw a bush move. I raised an eyebrow and cautiously moved to the bush, but before I could see who was behind the green fluff ball made of leaves, a small girl in a high blue pony tail, with a green scaly dress, dark blue flats, a blue and red spiky tail, with a red tiny horn jumped out and rolled into the lake. I looked at the girl in shocked, and bursted out laughing. "Haha! What the heck!!?" I rolled on the floor. "Y-you fell into t-the lake...n-no wait... You rolled i-into the lake out of nowhere!!! Such a clumsy girl." I wiped my tears.

"Help!" The girl ran and hid behind me. I looked at her curiously.

"From what?"

The same direction the girl appeared from, three hairy and beardy guys showed up, "Hey you! Give her back to us!"

"Why?" I stood up.

"You don't need to know, just give her back!"

"Wait, are you people the hairy goblins??" I backed up with the little girl behind me.

"Yeah, so what?"

"I heard of you guys. You people eat children!" I glared at them.

"Oh so you heard of us?" The guy in the middle smirked at me. "Well too bad we don't sign autographs. Attack!!"

I shifted my right feet back a bit, I focused my sight on the three men, I wiggled my arms and legs to get loosened. "I hate it when people treat kids like nothing." In a flash I zoomed passed them and in the end they were still standing there, fine.

"Hah! Miss." The most hairy guy laughed.

"Did I?" Then the men started to fall down and become frozen.

"What did you do to us!?" The guy asked.

"Just paralyzed you guys, for eternity."

"You're insane!" He shouted.

I huffed, "Just be happy I didn't kill you." My eyes glowed red for a sec and went back to my chocolaty brown eyes.

I knelt down to the girl's height, "Why were they chasing you?"

"I-I don't know, but they wanted to know w-where a guy named Natsu is."

"Natsu? Why?"

"I h-have no clue, but p-please don't kill me..." She shrieked.

I rubbed her hair. "I won't kill you, I know I'm a vampire, but I'm not that cruel."

She looked up at me and hugged me. She whispered in my ear, "Thank you." I widened my eyes as she smiled at me. I shook my head and smiled back. "I'm Lucy!"

"I'm Wendy Fullbuster!"

"Fullbuster?"

"Gray's younger sister."

"You're Gray's younger sister!!?" I shouted.

"Owww." She covered her ears.

"Oh sorry."

"You know where Onii-chan is?" Her face lightened up.

"I sure do!"

"Yay!"

"Let's go to your Onii-Chan." I held Wendy's hand as we walked back to Natsu and Happy.