Chapter 27: The key

"Je-Jellal..." Erza stuttered. Hold on. REWIND! Did Erza just...Stutter? I rubbed my eyes, and cleaned out my ears with my index finger. Yup, yup she did.

"Hi Erza. Long time no see." A guy replied, that had blue hair and an unusual red tattoo on his right eye.

"Why are you here?" Erza looked at Jellal in shock.

"I came to explain the reason behind this kidnap, if you're planning to rescue Lucy." Jellal answered.

"What do you mean?"

Jellal walked in the middle of the crowd. He placed a book on the ground and silently chanted a spell. All of a sudden, a blue, digital hologram appeared.

"Whose this?" Erza asked, looking at a girl and a boy that looked very familiar.

"This is Mavis and-"

"Zeref!" I figured it out.

"Yes..Zeref." Jellal coughed. "Do all of you know who Mavis is?"

No one answered.

"Mavis is a pure blood vampire."

"Pure blood vampire?" I questioned.

"There is only one vampire that contains blood, which consists of tremendous power. That is her, Mavis Vermillion." Jellal continued the story of Mavis and Zeref. "They met after the attack on the Dragneel family, your family Natsu. He was also the one who ordered the dragons to attack your house."

My eyes shook with anger, "That's not true! How did you even find out about this information!?" I banged my fist on the table.

"I'm sorry, but I can not say." Jellal looked down.

I was about to run up at Jellal, but felt a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, Natsu." Erza said.

"How can I!? If what Jellal said is even true or not, just the thought about that person who took everything away from me. I-Is just frustrating! I can't wait anymore, I'm going to save Luce." I was about to run out of the door, until Jellal spoke.

"Are you really going out there blind?" Jellal looked at me. I stood still, and thought for awhile. I clicked my tongue and walked back into the crowd. Jellal went on for hours on how Fairy Tail was made, and y'know the typical love story. The next thing he told us, surprised me. "Mavis died in the hands of Zeref."

"Why!? That doesn't make any sense. Why would he kill the person he loves??" Levy asked.

"I...don't know, but-" I interrupted Jellal.

"What does Lucy have to do with any of this crap? If Zeref was to kidnap anyone, it would have likely been me."

Jellal sighed, looking like he was searching for the right words to explain what he was planning to say, "...Lucy, is the reincarnation of Mavis."

Gasps were heard everywhere in the room.

"This is berserk!" I shouted.

"Berserk? What does that even mean?" Gray asked me.

"I don't know. I just blurt out whatever is on my mind." I unconsciously answered Gray. I rolled my eyes.
"Anyways, I don't believe any word you say." I pointed at Jellal.

Jellal sighed, "Do you want to save Lucy or not?"

"I do!"

"Then listen." Jellal walked towards me. He grabbed the front of my shirt and brought me up to his face. He leaned down and glared at me directly in the eyes. "Unless you want to die without being able to save your precious Lucy, then go ahead and not listen. However, don't go blaming other people because you lost your precious Lucy. Just because he used to be your brother, that doesn't mean this is all about you. Everyone's lives are in danger, not just the vampire's lives. Got that?" Jellal raised an eyebrow. I slowly nodded my head. Jellal closed his eyes and dropped me to the ground.

My eyes shook with fear and frustration. I clawed the ground and gritted my teeth. I humiliated myself in front of everyone. I was too full of myself. Do I even deserve to save Lucy?

I widened my eyes and lectured myself. What are you thinking Natsu? Lucy's life is in danger because you couldn't protect her. I stood up, and decided to listen to Jellal speak.

"The only way to stopping Zeref is by using this." Jellal waved his staff in the air and a blue liquidly circle appeared in the center of the crowd. The blue circle moved, as a sharp solid point appeared. The object slowly moved up, showing a clear blue crystal. The liquidly circle disappeared, as a crystal floated an inch above the ground.

"Whose in there?" Wendy asked, walking toward the crystal.

"Wendy, get behind me. It looks too dangerous." Gray grabbed Wendy's hand and placed her behind his back. 'Hmph' was heard from Wendy.

"This is Mavis." Jellal responded to Wendy's question. "After Mavis died, Zeref treasured her body in a crystal and placed her underneath Fairy Tail."

"How does this help us?" Erza looked at the crystal and back at Jellal.

"She's the key to destroying Zeref. The only person capable of using-"

"-Fairy heart."