Chapter 16: No luck

[Wendy POV]

"Juvia-San, we will be going to Lamia Scale first." I spoke, while looking at my surroundings.

You know that time where you speak and wait silently and patiently for the other person to reply back, but they don't, yeah that moment. Well, that exactly happened here.

"Uh...Juvia-San?" I looked back. I widened my eyes as I see Juvia-San a mile behind me. Thank goodness I have my dragon eyesight. I sighed and concentrated on the wind. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.
I exhaled and checked the directions of the wind. I opened my eyes and faced the same way as Juvia-San, making her face my back. I used my force to control the direction of the wind by blowing. An amount of wind, uncontrollably, blew forward making Juvia-San fly towards my direction.

"Ow..." Juvia landed on her tail. I stared at her tail, knowing that this was my first time seeing a fish out of water. I shook my head and was about to help Juvia-San up, but forgot she didn't have legs. What the heck am I thinking?

"Uhh, Juvia-San." I said.

"Yeah?" She looked up at me.

"Are you going to walk--I mean travel like that?" I pointed at her tail.

She looked down and smiled, "Of course not!" I tilted my head. She moved her fingers above her tail and steam started to appear. I coughed and blew away the steam. I widened my eyes to see Juvia-San standing on, scaly shaded blue legs!

"Wha-Wha the-!" I backed up and tripped on a rock. "How did you do that!?" I asked.

"It's part of Juvia's ability." Juvia-San replied. I got up and dusted the dirt off my dress.

"Ok well, it's time to go to Lamia Scale."

"Do we have to." Juvia-San whined.

"Yes! Why do you object to going to Lamia Scale?"

"Well..."

~.~.~.~.~

"Juvia!!" A white haired guy, dressed in light blue and white clothing, ran after Juvia with his arms out in front of his chest.

"Gahhhh!!" Juvia ran behind me.

"And who are you?" I tiptoed to try and reach his height.

"Lyon. You?"

"Wendy!" I smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Wendy. Now, will you nicely move to the side so I can hug my beloved Juvia." I stepped to the side and sweat dropped as Juvia-San cried and ran in circles with Lyon-San following right behind her. I see what Juvia-San meant by clingy, but she's no difference towards Onii-Chan. I slumped.

~.~.~.~.~

"You want Lamia Scale to help you defeat this Vampire Hunter person?" Lyon-San asked. I nodded my head. Lyon-San scratched the back of his neck, "I don't know...uh... Our village doesn't like to get into trouble a lot..."

"Oh I see..." I looked at them, sadly.

"Just give us some time to think about it..." Lyon-San requested.

"Of course!" I smiled. We exited the place and Juvia-San and I both sighed. I looked at Juvia-San curiously.

"Juvia is glad that is over." I chuckled at Juvia-San's statement.

~.~.~.~.~

"Here we are." I looked up and saw a place that looked like a little witch hut, but the colors were way different. The roof was a pearl white and the walls were a shade of blue. In front of the place, at the center of the roof and the walls, there was a purple symbol of an M with a similar look as a ribbon at the bottom. This looked nice, and hopefully these people are easy and nice to talk to, too. "Ready, Juvia-San?" I asked. She nodded. I entered the place and all I heard was gentle and soft giggles come from a corner. I looked over there and saw 5 girls laughing, and what's more surprising was that they were all mermaids. Well considering their village name, I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but like...never mind.

I walked over there with Juvia-San right behind me. I waved at them "Hello!"

"Oh! Nice to meet you ~Nya!" A girl with brown curly hair ruffled my head, while two little cat ears on her head wiggled. Cat fish? All of a sudden, a hand went in between the cat fish and I.

"What are you doing here?" The girl that had her hand out, glared at me.

"U-Uhm..." I became nervous. Why am I getting nervous now!?

"How rude of you to yell at a child! Juvia shall rinse you with holy water!" Juvia raised her hand and water appeared above the girl and drenched her. I widened my eyes and covered my mouth from laughing. I took in air and breathed out lightly and slowly.

"Sorry." I bowed down and looked back up. "We came here to ask you if a blonde girl visited this place."

The drenched girl replied, "Nope. No one entered this place."

I nodded, "I see, thank you." We were going to turn and leave, but was stopped.

"What's your guy's name?" The girl asked.

"I'm Wendy!" I smiled. I pointed at Juvia-San. "This is Juvia...San."

"Kagura, pleased to meet you." The girl smiled back.

"Oo! Oo! I'm Milliana ~Nya!" The cat eared girl spoke.

"Bye guys!" I waved, but stopped myself and turned around "Oh, I forgot. Before I leave, I've got a huggee favor to ask of you."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Sure." Kagura agreed.

"Really!!?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. If I can fight by Erza's side, of course."

My face brightened. "Thank you guys!"

"Nya~ I can see Erza again!!" Milliana smiled.

We finally left the place, with no clue of where Lucy is. Sigh. Hopefully the other pairs had better luck than us.