Chapter 31: The Minions

[Natsu POV]

We broke through the door and looked around. "Why is this so big!?"

"Blue Pegasus and Grimoire Hearts. Check downstairs." Erza ordered. "Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale, stay guard outside. Fairy Tail will check upstairs."

We all nodded to the plan and went separate ways.

I used my speed to check all the rooms. No one.

Then, I heard a door slam. I ran toward the end of the hallway and saw a pink door appear, opened. I didn't see this door before.

I peaked inside the room and saw no one. I stepped inside and looked around. Something shimmered on the floor. I walked towards it and bent down. I pinched the small object and widened my eyes. It was a piece of blonde hair. "Luce!" I ran out of the room and regrouped with Fairy Tail. "Guys!" I called out. "I found this." I gave them the strand of hair.

"Natsu, can you detect where Lucy is?"

"Of course!" I grabbed the hair from Erza's hand and sniffed it. I looked around and saw purple lines, which indicated where Lucy went.

"Found her." I walked downstairs and it led to the door. "She's outside."

I sprinted out the door, with the others close behind. Right after I stepped outside, I stopped and gasped. I was in a disbelief shock. Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale was all bruised up and on the ground.

"Oh no..." Wendy cried.

My eyes trembled.

We spread out and helped aid them.

"Pathetic." I heard a familiar voice. I turned and looked at the roof.

"Zeref!" I gritted my teeth. Everyone turned and looked at him also.

"Mph!" I saw Lucy's mouth taped shut, with her hands tied behind her back.

"Lucy!" I shouted. Her eyes widened as tears spilled out. "Let her go! She has nothing to do with any of this! She's not Mavis!"

"You're wrong. She has everything to do with this situation."

"How!?"

"Didn't I tell you before, Lucy is my soulmate, and this time I am not going to make the wrong choices again. Mavis was about to forget about the entire world, she would only care about me! But her friends, relatives, her village ruined everything! Like what you did to me Natsu, our parents only cared about you. They didn't care about me at all. Now, now that I have finally found her again, I will protect her and keep her away from all of you!"

[Lucy POV]

"I'm sorry Zeref. I'm sorry if I did anything to hurt you, but Lucy is not Mavis! Lucy is Lucy." Natsu spoke. I widened by eyes from the words Natsu spoke. I gradually became to realize that what Natsu said was, true.

I'm not Mavis. I'm Lucy.

"Love rival, stay strong!" Juvia shouted.

"Bunny girl, you better not die on me! You still haven't danced on my stage, yet." Gajeel grinned.

"Lu-Chan, don't forget to fulfill your promise to me." Levy sniffed.