Chapter 22: Hidden Beneath The Cloak

We ran through the forest, but slowed down as a tall building came into our sight.

We arrived and it seemed that man didn't do anything, yet. We opened Fairy Tail's door and a bright light blurred my vision. After it cleared, I widened my eyes, "Welcome Fairies. This sight is really beautiful, isn't?" The Hunter, vamp, man, whoever the fuck he is, stood in the middle of the empty building.

"You!" I was about to run after the man, but was stopped by Natsu. I glared at him. "What!?"

"Don't fall into his trap, Luce." I looked at him and back at the man.

"Tch."

"What did you do to our comrades!?" Erza asked.

"They were really noisy." The man answered. "So I sealed their mouths." The Hunter snapped his fingers and our comrades appeared with their hands tied together with magic duck tape sealing their mouths, so not a peep was heard from them.

"You bastard!" Gray shouted.

"Hey, just be glad I spared their lives."

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying to keep my voice low.

"I'm here for a person." The man in the black cloak answered.

"Whose that?" Natsu spoke.

I stared at the man and noticed that his head moved, slightly toward my direction. Even though his face was hidden by a hoodie, I felt his eyes on me. Crap, crap, crap! Why can't I move!?

"Lucy Heartfilia." The man answered.

(A/N: Just went through some old comments, and didn't notice Heartfilia was spelt with one 'L'...haha..)

"The hell! What's Luce got to do with you!?"

"Well, she was technically the reason why I caused this whole mess."

"W-What..?" I finally blurted out.

"Lucy, you're coming with me." The man said.

"You ain't getting a finger on her!" Natsu stood in front of me.

"Oh really?" The man zoomed passed Natsu.

The time around me started to slow down when the man grabbed my waist and ran back into Fairy Tail. The time turned back to normal, but now my arms were behind my back being captive by this man's right hand, and my neck was being strangled by his other hand. 

"Let her go!" Natsu ran toward the man, but was thrown back at the wall.

"Natsu!" Erza and Gray helped him up. Natsu pushed both of them away and ran towards us, again. Natsu was about to punch the man in the face, but right before Natsu could get the hit, the man used his left hand to block it. However, before Natsu flew away, he managed to pull off a hidden bracelet that was on the man's wrist. Hah. Ain't hidden anymore.

"Bastard," The man mumbled. I sniffed the air, but it smelled different. I widened my eyes. This man...smells like Natsu.

When Natsu got up, I saw his eyes widened too. "W-Why do you smell so familiar?"

"Oh, Natsu. I can't believe you forgot me." The man chuckled, darkly.

"What are you talking about?" Natsu questioned.

"Should I tell you?"

"What the fuck! Just spill it!"

"If you insist." The man let go of my hands, and I smirked. I elbowed the man in the stomach and ran behind Natsu.

"Luce!"

"Natsu!" I wrapped my arms around his back. Immediately, I also felt a pair of arms curl around my waist and bring me closer to his chest.

We released each other when the man grunted, "You're really tuff, Lucy."

"I could've hit you harder."

As the man got up from falling on the ground, his cloak got stuck which caused his cloak to rip and fall onto the ground.

It was dead silent. His black hair shifted to the side as he looked up at us. His face was calm and showed no emotions at all. The dark aura surrounding him gave me the shivers.

"I'm back."

~.~.~.~.~.~

(A/N: Sorry, short chapter. Haha...hopefully this ending left you hanging :3)