Chapter 33: Realization

"Flare, what are you doing here!?" I shouted.

"To pay back your kindness." She smiled.

"You still remember that?"

"Of course. You saved my life, so I'm here to save yours."

I smiled, "Thank you." Flare whipped her hair and it extended, tying my parents together against the chimney.

"Ok, well...you got saved, but-" Zeref magic power grew stronger. "-will you be able to withstand this?" He stood still in the same place. A great amount of wind hit me. I widened my eyes as I realized what Zeref planned on doing.

"Zeref, don't!" I shouted. He's planning on killing everyone in Fiore.

I shivered as a black circle appeared from Zeref's chest. It started to expand, and Zeref was slowly swallowed in it. A bomb.

"Zeref!" Natsu tried to kick him from behind.

"That's not nice." Zeref shot a black magic ball at Natsu, making him fly back. Natsu glared at Zeref and ran toward him. Natsu was about to land a punch on him, but violently coughed up...blood. "Useless brother." Zeref spat, and took out the magic blade from Natsu's chest.

I choked, "Na-Natsu..Natsu!"

"What do you see in him, Lucy?" Zeref's blade disappeared. My whole body trembled. Wh-What just happened..?

"..Lucy..." Natsu slowly raised his head and looked at me, he grinned.

I gasped in shock. "Nats-u.." I choked on my words.

"Ugh." Zeref stepped on his head.

I shook my head, and came back to reality. "Zeref!!" I zoomed at him in full speed, and punched him with all the strength I had left. Zeref skidded away, but I barely did any damage. "Tch."

"That's it. Let all your anger flow out. Become, mine." His eyes flashed a feeling of lust. I know I shouldn't be doing what he's saying, but he..he hurt Natsu!

"Gahhh!" Natsu yelped. I widened my eyes and notice Natsu and I were inside the black circle. Why is it affecting Natsu?! I thought it was a bomb!

"This spell is not only a bomb, it harms people who are in the circle."

I looked at Natsu, and the other people fighting on the floor. I clenched my fist and sprinted toward Natsu, but Zeref grabbed my arm. I wiggled, "Let go!"

"You're mine. Not Natsu's." Zeref gripped my arm tighter. I shredded tears. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu!

Use it Lucy...

I clenched my teeth.

To save Natsu...

I closed my eyes.

Your people...

I felt power surged through my body.

To finally defeat Zeref, once and for all...

"Survey the heavens, open the heavens..." I chanted unconsciously.

"All the stars, far and wide..."

Why...

"Show me thy appearance..."

Why now...

"With such shine."

Why have I now realized...

"Oh Tetrabiblos..."

My feelings..

"I am the ruler of the stars..."

For this idiot...

"Aspect become complete....open thy malevolent gate."

I felt water droplets fall and slide down my cheek.

"Oh 88 stars of the heaven..."

You better not die on me,

"Shine!"

Natsu.

"Urano Metria!" I shouted, as colorful spheres zoomed past me and attacked Zeref. After the last one hit him, I was still standing on the ground.

What is this feeling? Why do I still feel so strong?

Zeref laughed, "I knew you were the one."

I glared at him, "Cancel."

The bomb Zeref had cast, disappeared before it was able to harm the others. I stomped toward the bruised up Zeref and grabbed his shirt. I lost control of my body, and shot magic at him.

My lips rose, when I still felt the great amount of power left within me. My body grew hot and I felt a tingle of power disappear. Not long after, half of my power disappeared.

Stop.

A small giggle escaped my lips. "Lucy," I looked at the ground and saw Zeref, with blood dripping down from his lips, "you're a monster too."

No...stop please..

I ignored Zeref's comment and my lips moved on its own, "Des-"

No! I don't want this power. I don't want anything to disappear..

"Tr-" A hand grabbed my arm and I looked down.

"Luce..." He smiled, and fell down next to my feet.

Natsu.

"No..." My vision was blinded by a bright light, and before I blacked out, my mouth moved, "-Oy."