Chapter 15: Decline

We walked, and walked, and walked until we stopped at a big and dark cave.

"Erza, are you sure it's here? It's so...scary." Levy shivered behind me.

"I'm sure, because Gajeel used to be a part of this village. You trust Gajeel, right?" I asked Levy. I felt her move her head up and down on my back. I smiled and we started to walk in. Torches lit up as we got closer to an entrance.

"Who goes there!" A voice boomed. I narrowed my eyes, watching my surrounding cautiously, not knowing where the voice is coming from. "Oh~!? You fairies know you are not welcome in here!" The voice echoed even louder.

"We know, Ivan. We are just here to ask a few questions, concerning your whole guild, so please, come out." I said it in a nice and pleading tone. Torches were lit up and the big opening in the cave was filled with light. Ivan and his other members appeared behind him.

He tapped his fingers, as he said, "Ask your questions and leave." He glared at us.

"Has a girl been here?"

"No."

I coughed, prepared to get a yelling or a beating from this one, I asked my final question, "If we were to ask for your help, will you fight by our side. By the fairy's side." I stared at him, not moving a bit.

"No."

I looked down and bowed, "Thank you for your time." I looked up and saw the group leaving, except for one red head girl. "Flare?" She widened her eyes and turned around to leave. I looked at her curiously, but shook it off thinking she probably zoned out. We exited the cave, and I spoke, "Well, Lucy definitely did not go to Grimoire Hearts or Raven Tail."

"Cheer up Erza! There's still Juvia, Wendy, Natsu, and Gray!" Levy smiled.

"You sure are confident that Lucy is going to come back." I smiled right back at Levy.

"Yeah, because I know Lu-chan loves you guys dearly. She would never leave you, or Fairy Tail." Levy paused, "You and Fairy Tail, are the only family that she has left."

"And how do you know that?" I tilted my head.

"Hehe, secret." Levy placed her index finger on her lips.