Chapter 32: Corpse

"Who I'm..killing?" I slowly spoke.

"Do you know what I did to the bodies I killed?" Zeref smirked.

I choked, "..Don't tell me.."

"That's right," He smiled, "I guess you can say...that you're killing your own, kind."

I widened my eyes, as one of Zeref's minions slashed at me, making me fly. I gritted my teeth, and clawed the ground to slow me down from falling off the roof.

"Lucy found out about it faster than I expected." Zeref chuckled, sadistically.

I stopped, and spitted onto the ground in disgust. A minion attacked me and I dodged it.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to kill them, after I told you."

"You..." I launched at Zeref, but he was guarded by a wall of his minions.

I jumped backward before I could get caught in an attack by a minion, at the front of the group.

"Attack." Zeref grinned.

"Tch." I backed up as a group of minions surrounded me.

[Lucy POV]

I feel so useless.

I floated in the air, laying on my back, facing the never ending ceiling.

"Lucy."

I blinked and stood up. I looked around. "Mavis?"

"Right here." She appeared in front of me.

"What's going on!? Please, tell me. Why is Zeref using..." My eyes started to get teary.

"Sorry Lucy." Mavis patted my head. "I know this is hard to take in, knowing that your friends are killing...vampires."

"Mavis, how are you able to do this?" I looked at her. "How are you able to endure all this pain!?"

Mavis chuckled, "Oh, Lucy. It's hard for me too, but if I know my family is alright. I can endure for them."

"But right now..."

"Yes, I know. That's why I'm here."

I raised an eyebrow.

"...To give you, Fairy Heart."

"What!? Why me? I thought you were the only one who can cast it."

Mavis shook her head, "You're the only one who can."

"Only?"

Mavis nodded.

The black space around us started to disappear into light. Mavis then started to fade away.

"Wait! How do I-" Mavis vanished before I could say, "Activate the...spell.."

-.-.-.-.-

My eyes fluttered open, to see Natsu surrounded by...oh my gosh. Vampires. I looked around, and saw I was in the arms of Zeref. I carefully scanned the area, to look for an escape plan. I inhaled and exhaled, softly.