Chapter 24: Twelve Stars

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure you read the book of answers when you were at Crime Sorciere." Zeref responded.

"Y-Yeah I did, but that's not me. I'm    not the reincarnation of Mavis!"

"Darling, don't freight. You'll soon understand you're mine, and mine only." Zeref walked over to me, and touched my cheek. Then, he disappeared and closed the door.

I ran over to the door and tried opening it, but it wouldn't move. I banged my fist on the door and tears were threatening to spill. "W-Why is this happening to me!?" I turned around and laid my back on the door. I slid down and held my legs. I sobbed quietly underneath my arms. I mumbled, "I hate my life..."

~.~.~.~.~.~

Few hours passed, and I woke up. I looked at the window and the moon was finally up. I got up from the floor and walked over to the window. I touched the cold, fragile, clear glass and looked at the moon. Stars then appeared one after another. Soon, there were many many stars in the dark sky.

Flash.

A shooting star?

I closed my eyes and whispered to myself. Then, I showed my brown orbs the beautiful starry night, and smiled, "Oh Natsu, I miss you already."

I kept on staring at the beautiful night sky. Then in a blink, different colored stars appeared. Twelve stars.

Ones a yellow.

Pink.

Blue.

Brown.

And 8 other stars appeared.

"Why do these-" I widened my eyes.

"Uncle!" I looked at my bookcase. I looked for the Fairy Tale book and pulled it out. The bookcase slid to the left and I walked through the tunnel, "I'm so glad my mom told me about this secret passage..." I quietly said. Moments later, I was outside.

I could run right now, but if I think about the consequences of my choices. Who knows what would Zeref do to Natsu and the others. I looked at the sky and the colored stars were still there. I pulled out a golden key from my pocket, and whispered, "Gate of the..."

Ding!

The colored stars combined and flew down. Then, the stars separated, swirling around making a colorful tornado. They disappeared and a big man with a gigantic white mustache appeared. "Uncle!" I jumped and hugged him.

"Haha!" He laughed. "It's nice to see you too!"

I looked at my uncle, whose the King of the universe. In other words, The Celestial King.

Suddenly, I started to tear up.

"Girl, what's wrong?" He soothed my cheek.

I wiped my tears, "I don't have much time before I have to go back, but-"

"Go where!?"

"I'm sorry uncle, I don't want to cause you trouble, so please just trust me."

He sighed, "...Alright dear."

"P-please go to this village called, Fairy Tail. Tell them this..."

~.~.~.~.~

"Alright, Lucy. I'll do as you say, but please stay safe. I don't want you to end up...as your mother..."

"I won't." I reassured him with a smile. He smiled back and went back into the sky. I ran back into the passage, slid the bookcase back into place, and went to get ready for bed.