My new bodyguard??

Hey guys
I'm sorry for interruption. You might have got notification for my book update but sorry that was just because I edited the previous chapters but this is the next one.
Enjoy🎉

############################

"I'll never leave you Maureen" her voice echoed in my ears.

"You are dead Leshia" I exclaimed.

"You'll never get over me" she said taking a step forward towards me.

"N- no" I crawled backwards.

"Say bye to your life" she said as she pulled out a knife from nowhere.

"Aaaahhhh"
I woke up screaming. Sweat beads were dripping from my hairs.
"Was that all a dream?" I asked to myself "off course, she can't return, and I have to get over her now"

My vision was blurred. I rubbed my eyes vigorously.

That's when I heard someone speak.

"Maureen, thank god that you woke up. How are you?" It was mom.

"What are you doing in my room" I asked.
My parents were always so indulged in their work that they never got time for me. That happened one in a blue moon.

"That's not important now. Just tell us that are you alright now?" My dad said as he was scrolling down on his phone.

Wow!! He's still focused on his phone.

"What happened to me?"

"What happened to you? That's a question we need to ask you" my dad said averting his gaze from his cellphone.
Finally!!!!

"I didn't get it?"

"Yesterday night when your mom and I returned, we found you lying on the floor. UNCONSCIOUS"

"what?" My jaw dropped and I bet that it was touching the floor now.

"Yes! What happened yesterday?" My mother asked , concerned.

"Oh no!! That means that she really came!! She came back" I was totally shocked.

"Princess!! Make it clear. We can't understand" my dad spoke again.

"It's.........it's nothing. I guess I had hallucinations" I was unsure about if I saw her or not and I was damn sure that even if I told my parents, they'll not believe me.
Even I can't believe myself!! Than how can they.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes dad"

"I think that you need some security, you are our only child-" he stopped in between, I know why.

"I....I mean that you are our only girl child and we don't wanna loose you"

I know why he stopped when he said "our only child" because I had a brother too.

He was older than me. He was adopted by my parents. Steve Abel. They and I never treated him like he wasn't our family's blood.
He was like my best friend too but now he was not with me. He was in south California, for higher studies.

After all he was the one who's gonna handle our company after some years.
I was not at all interested In this business thing.
I wanted to become a criminologist.