54 // Bye, Felicia

C H A P T E R   54 :   B Y E ,  F E L I C I A

"From the darkness, I see the light in you

Don't stress, don't stress
No one knows what goes on in our heads, our heads
We are invisible to the rest, the rest
They don't know nothing 'bout what we have, we have

'Cause everyone's living in black and white
But we see each other in a different light
That's why I look at you like I do
Like nobody else is even in the room"

My heart couldn't stop hammering in my chest as I made my way towards the indoor gym, where Logan was giving a morning class to a bunch of cranky teenagers who'd rather be in bed. They looked more like sleepy statues than athletes, barely being able to keep their eyes open, which, upon thinking about it, could work to my benefit.

"Felicia?" Logan asked, inquisitive eyes and raised brows as I stopped right in front of him, my back to the kids who were standing in the back stretching and trying not to fall asleep. "What are you doing here?"

I quickly looked around to see if anyone was paying us any attention before smiling at him in response, a slow, tantalizing smile that made his heart start to pound as well and his forehead frown.

"It's your birthday today." I said, making his eyebrows rise even more and his muscles tense. "So I thought I'd give you a gift."

With his eyes more widened than a cartoon character, I watched as he watched me slowly zip my jacket down to reveal only a dark blue lace bralette underneath it with a message I had written in silver metallic paint along my chest after a few attempts: I wish you all the best and that includes me.

Logan's eyes slid over my chest before he looked back at me, a fusion of anger and desire crossing his speechless stare. He cleared his throat and took his eyes off me with much effort, eyeing the kids behind us who were no longer working out but talking casually, oblivious to the tension switched back and forth between Logan and me.

"Okay, everyone," He said, after throwing me another raging, incensed glance. "Class dismissed, you can go now."

"Finally!" I heard them exclaim before they started leaving the room with more energy than they had entered. Once we were finally alone, just two of us in that massive space that suddenly seemed very small and muggy, Logan looked at me again, crossing his arms over each other and giving me an excellent view of his chiseled muscles and strong veins.

"Why would you do that?"

I zipped the jacket back up, glancing at him angelically but smirking at him devilishly. I knew he loved that contradiction; he loved all the paradoxes in me.

"I thought it'd be fun to mess with you, like it always is. Your reaction was priceless, so worthy. It looked like you wanted to kill me and screw me at the same time. And I think you know by now, danger has always turned me on."

Logan shook his head, incredulous with my audacity. What? Girls just wanna have fun, right? The truth was, from the moment I met him, all of him, from the way he walked to the way he talked, from the way he didn't care to the way he glared, all of him definitely, absolutely, utterly screamed trouble.

And the Black Cat was always definitely, absolutely, utterly attracted to trouble.

"You shouldn't have done this, Felicia." He said in a low murmur, voice husky and hoarse, eyes darkened as if the night had arrived earlier on them.

"Why not?" I tilted my head to the side, still provoking him. It was just a joke. Nothing to be taken seriously, I wasn't actually suggesting we'd do something. No one even knew about it except for us, he wasn't really going to stay upset about it, was he?