35 // Queen of Hearts

C H A P T E R   35 :   Q U E E N   O F   H E A R T S

You said "let me try you on"
So I let you try me on
That's the moment that we fell in deep
Oh, baby, I said, "just a little bit"
Then I got a taste of it
Now you got me fallin' at your feet

I didn't mean to fall in love
Took one hit and I was gone
Gotta get my fix or I can't sleep
Oh, baby, you're the one they warned about
Now I just can't do without
Baby, it's my appetite you feed"

Felicia's POV

"So, are you excited for tonight's party?" Bianca asked me as she opened up her wardrobe. It was the last day of the year and the whole mansion was seething with excitement and anticipation. And of course, since she was more effervescent than all the champagne it would be drunk this night, Bianca was the most eager to welcome 2015.

"You make it impossible not to be." I chuckled. For the month that I dreaded the most, December passed by pretty quickly. Ever since my mother died, holidays were a rough time for me, and after my father died and I was taken captive, even more. Then Peter came and he made sure we celebrated everything and make the most of it. I remembered how he was the only thing I was thankful for on Thanksgiving or how on New Year's Eve we watched the fireworks light up the sky of Times Square. Then we got home and he made the fireworks light up inside of me for the first time.

After we slipt up, festivities only mattered because it meant rich people would be gathered in big parties where I could blend in and take everything I wanted. With the charcoal sliding down the sheet of paper and my fingers stained black, I smiled, reminiscing how one year ago I had woken up with two guys on each side of a bed in a penthouse somewhere, one of them with a F tattoed on his chest he most likely instantly regretted.

"Oh God, you have to help me!" She said, rummaging through her clothes in a rampage. "I have nothing to wear for tonight!"

"Hashtag First World Problems." I said sarcastically, eyeing the dresses she had thrown onto her bed.

"Oh, come on!" She exclaimed. "The best part of the year is the end, and a lot of former students and X-Men are coming. Don't you want to turn heads and stop traffic tonight?"

"We already do that on a daily basis, hun." I winked at her. "But fine, let's go blow everyone away."

***

"So what are you going to do today?" I asked Peter over the phone as I took a break from decorating the mansion with the others. Ever since we reunited in my birthday, we had been catching up and making up for lost time and had gone back to being thick as thieves.

I had visited him and his aunt in Christmas Eve, something I was apprehensive about, but May received me with a warm hug and a big piece of pie so I guess she was happy to see me again. They invited me to spend Christmas with them, but I declined since I wanted to see how it was in the mansion, and it had felt like finally finding a home. When someone suggested Logan should be Santa Claws, I volunteered to be his sexy helper, to which he replied he didn't want to punish the kids with Grinch's visit. Very funny.

"Aunt May and I are going to the Brooklyn Bridge to watch the fireworks and I think MJ and Harry will join us too. But I wish you would come too!"

"Maybe next year." I told him, trying to suppress a laugh when Alex fell down the ladder because Roberto had been more interested in checking two girls out than steadying his friend. "I want to see how it is here since that's all everyone keeps talking about."