17 // Split Me Into Infinity

C H A P T E R   17 :   S P L I T   M E   I N T O   I N F I N I T Y

"You were alone
Left out in the cold
Clinging to the ruin of your broken home
Too lost and hurting to carry your load
We all need someone to hold

You've been fighting the memory
All on your own
Nothing worsens, nothing grows
I know how it feels being by yourself in the rain
We all need someone to stay"

For some reason, Alex decided to enjoy his time at the school with a swimming pool fight. Because Alex wasn't Alex if he wasn't doing or thinking about doing something stupid. I really liked that about him.

"No way." I shook my head vemehently. He pouted his lips and gave me his best puppy eyes. "That's not gonna work, I'm a cat person, you idiot." I smiled. "And you know how cats are with water." Charles had already erased Black Cat's true identity out of the minds of most students, but I had asked him not to include my friends. They deserved to know the truth, and when I told them of my decision they were glad I trusted them enough, and so was I.

"Not to mention we're in November and it's cold." Kitty added, always rational.

"And I can only go full-clothed, but even so I'm not risking accidentally touching someone." Rogue completed, always passionate.

"Those are all valid arguments." Alex nodded. "Yet I think we should still do it. Roberto?"

Roberto laughed upon the hope in Alex's blue eyes.

"You know I can't let you do stupids things, Alex." He smirked. "Alone."

Alex grinned at him, clashing his fist against his best friend's. Their bromance was goals.

"Besides, you'll be able to see us shirtless. I bet you can't find something better than that." Alex winked at us.

"Hum... yes, I can. Seeing Logan shirtless." Bianca replied, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and raised my hands.

"Never had."

"Not for lack of wanting, though." She grinned and turned to Alex and Roberto. "It is cold, and I'm not sure seeing your bodies will be enough to keep us warm."

Alex smirked at her. Roberto showed her the palms of his hands, instantly producing two spheres of solar energy. We all inched closer automatically, feeling the warmth spreading from the living heater he was.

"Temperature is not going to be a problem." He assured us.

"What are we waiting for, then?" Bianca asked excitedly. Her eyes were always glowing, untainted from shadows, and I wondered what it felt like to never having known darkness. I hoped she would always keep her purity.

"Yeah, go for it, guys. I'll be your cheerleader at the edge." Rogue smiled while Bobby embraced her from behind, his arms wrapping around her waist. She winced slightly, but then relaxed once realizing their skins hadn't touched. Bobby was always cautious, and despite not being able to touch it, he seemed to know Rogue's body quite well.

"I'll stay with you." He said into her ear, to which she gratefully smiled.

"So that leaves three girls and three guys. It still works!" Alex clapped.

"Not so fast, Havok. I'm 6'6, there's no way a girl on your shoulders can reach Kitty on mine." Piotr declared, and Kitty smiled upon hearing she was his first, and only, choice. I didn't know for sure if they were dating or not, but I was also a defender that love didn't need such labels. People complicated too much, and love should be kept simple. That's why I was not meant for it.