I Am Thou and Tho Art I

Wednesday, April 13th

The next morning, I stared blankly at the pair of legs and arms flailing about, outside of a trash can. Halfway to the school after another quiet morning with Nanako, and the thing that sticks out the most is this poor soul who had their head inside of a dirty trash can. The person was wearing the Yasogami High boys uniform, so at least I know their gender. I couldn't help but wonder why no one has helped this guy out yet.

"S-Someone...!" the boy called out, kicking his legs even more. I noticed a familiar beat-up yellow bike next to the trash can, looking lifeless as it laid on its side. I suddenly heard some snickering off in the distance, causing me to blink and look behind me.

"Yosuke is so stupid, always crashing into stuff" a girl chuckled mockingly as two other female students giggled with her.

"Right where he belongs, if you ask me" another girl sneered, a hint of disgust in her voice. I looked back over to the boy in front of me. With a sigh of defeat, I scratched my right cheek.

"Help! Help me, please! Ugh, the smell!" the boy called out, his voice muffled. I placed my school bag down next to the bike and walked over to the guy's behind. I felt my face heat up a little as I sighed softly, wondering if this will go well. I took a deep breath and placed one hand on the boy's waist  waist and the other on one of his legs. I grunted as I put all of my strength into pulling him out. Even though I was only 5'2, I was able to successfully pull the boy out of the trash can. But I ended up falling on my butt, the poor guy falling on his own butt as well. The boy groaned in pain, taking a few breaths of fresh air as I rubbed my lower back.

"Oh man, you're a lifesaver...!" the boy sighed, looking behind him and to me. I blinked in surprise, recognizing the boy's face. He was the unlucky soul who ran into a pole and met Satonaka's rage yesterday. The boy blinked in surprise as he stared at me. I noticed that he had customized the school uniform to his own favor, wearing a white V-necked with long sleeves and a pair of red headphones. I rubbed the back of my head and blinked at him, wondering how long he was going to stare at me like that.

"Are you alright?" I asked, standing up and smoothing out my skirt. The boy snapped back to reality and laughed nervously.

"Ahaha, I'm fine!" he chuckled nervously, standing up and brushing off the small bits of garbage on his shirt. He must have crashed into the trash can not too long before I noticed him, seeing as how his clothes were fairly clean.

"I didn't expect anyone to actually help me there, yet alone a cute girl like yourself" he winked, causing me to blink at him. I rubbed the back of my head, shyly.

"Ah... No problem" I replied, causing him to smile and cross his arms over his chest. I walked over to his bike, pointing ahead to where the school was.

"Although, we should probably get going. We'll be late" I said to him as he blinked at me with a surprised look. He gasped in realization, as if remembering what the word 'school' meant. I bent down to grab my bag as the guy readjusted his bike so that it was back on its wheels. He looked over to me with a mischievous smile.

"Wanna go for a ride? It's a little squeaky, but it'll be fine" the guy asked. I stared at him with a deadpan look before looking forward and began to walk.

"I think I can make it by walking" I replied, the boy gasping in shock before catching up to me.

"Hey, you're Narukami; right?" the boy began, readjusting his orange book bag over his shoulder. "My name is Yosuke Hanamura."

"Hey... How's it going" I replied with a momentous tone. Hanamura held in a sinker as a big grin appeared on his face, bending down a little bit to match my height.