Shadows and Friendship

I stared at the scene in front to me, completely baffled by what was happening. There were two Hanamura's present. It's like seeing a reflection in a twisted mirror; the other Hanamura is a near-perfect copy of the real one, except for its glowing yellow eyes. The other Hanamura sinkers in a mocking tone, staring at the real Hanamura who was still on his knees before him. Hanamura was at a lost for words, staring at the fake Hanamura in surprise.

"There's two of him...?" I muttered to myself as Berry squeaked, teetering nervously. The real Hanamura slowly got up on his feet, wobbling a little in shock.

"Hey... Who're you?!" Hanamura asked, his voice coming back to normal. The fake Hanamura sneers as he places a hand on his hips.

"I'm you of course" the fake Hanamura replied. The real Hanamura flinched in surprise, looking even more surprised.

"Y-You're... You're me?" Hanamura asked. The fake Hanamura nodded, a wide smirk on his lips.

"That's right! And that means I know everything about you" the fake Hanamura chuckled in an evil way. The real Hanamura tense up at this as the fake continued, "You made everyone believe that you came here looking for Saki... What a fat loud of crap!" The fake Hanamura bobbed its head towards the real Hanamura in a mocking way, as if judging him.

"Truth is, you only came because you were looking for some fun, weren't ya? What else is there for you to do in this back wood, shithole town?" the fake Hanamura sneered, sounding happy for some reason. The real Hanamura flinched at the fake's words, gulping softly.

"No way..." Hanamura began as he averts his eyes, his voice wavering as he speaks. "That isn't true at all..." The fake Hanamura scoffs in delight and slight annoyance as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"You were thinking there was a chance you might get lucky and become a hero!" the fake snickers, its smile widening. It held out its hands, as if it had made the mastermind plan, "'Hey, don't worry 'bout anything, 'kay? If push comes to shove, I'll protect you!' Hah! That was just some extra fuel, along with the death of your 'beloved' Saki!" The fake Hanamura began to laugh, as if he had heard the worlds greatest joke.

I tense up a little as I eyed the fake Hanamura. If the fake was related at all to the real Hanamura, could that be what he's really thinking? A part of me began to believe what the fake was saying while another part of me didn't. There was a slight hint of boredom in Hanamura's voice when we had first really talked with each other, making me want to believe that what the fake was saying was true. However, I should know better than anyone that Hanamura really cared about Konishi. He was waiting patiently for Konishi's message, sending her messages in regards to her health and her whereabouts.

"Stop spoutin' this crap! Who the hell are you?!" the real Hanamura snapped, hearing enough of the fake's nonsenses.

"I'm a shadow. Of your true inner self! I am your shadow!" the fake Hanamura said with a wide grin. I flinched in surprise at the fake's words, blinking in surprise. A shadow? But it looked nothing like the others. Is it because it's based on Hanamura's 'inner feelings' that it looks like Hanamura?

"Shut UP! You are so not my-" Hanamura began, anger in his voice. But Hanamura's shadow began to laugh insanely, a red and black aura surrounding it.

"Nice! Keep going! Come on, say it again!" the shadow taunted, raising it's hands into the air; taking it the red and black aura. I blinked at the shadow in confusion, wondering what it was doing. Earlier, it was trying to convince Hanamura that it was him. Now, he's trying to separate Hanamura and himself.