Awaiting Kanji

3rd POV

Hitomi slowly opened her eyes, a familiar area coming to her vision. Hitomi sat across from a woman with platinum-blonde hair. She quickly recognized this place as the Velvet Room. But something was amiss. Igor, a man with an unusual long noise who would usually greet her, was nowhere to be seen.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room" the platinum-blonde haired woman next to him, known as Margaret, greeted. She looked over at Hitomi with her usual blank look.

"Now, I'm afraid the master is away today..." Margaret began. She smiled gently and continued, "But perhaps, you intentionally came by while he was out." Hitomi didn't know how to answer, since it was usually Igor who summons her in her dreams. If Igor was gone, then perhaps she did come of her own accord. But as to how remained a mystery to Hitomi.

"I see you have obtained several Arcana's. The Emperor and the Jester" Margaret said, catching Hitomi's attention. Two cards, one showing a silhouette of a European medieval jester while another was a silhouette of a large figured men dressed like a king, descended in front of Margaret; dissolving into the old tome on her lap. The tome grew a light blue, as if becoming one with the card, and Margaret opened it up. There, on one of the pages was a moving picture of Hitomi talking with Adachi wile on the other was the time when Hitomi had called Kanji's work cute. Margaret's eyes narrowed as she looked seriously over to Hitomi.

"I must warn you; the Jester arcana is not to be taken lightly" Margaret began. "While I would usually encourage you to pressure to strengthen your bonds, this one I ask for you to proceed with extreme caution." Hitomi blinked in surprise. Confused as to why Margret would warn her about Adachi. But through her confusion, Hitomi could feel Margaret's concern for her.

Suddenly, a new card with vines connecting to a visible silhouette, a small crown hovering on top of the vile descended into Margaret's tome; causing the pages to flip by themselves. Hitomi and Margaret blinked in surprise as the new pages on the tome showed a picture of Margaret and Hitomi talking. Hitomi looked up to Margaret, rather surprised that she had created a bond with her. Margaret blushed in embarrassment as she cleared her throat, closing her eyes.

"Well then, it is time for us to bid farewell" Margaret said, causing a warm feeling to wash over Hitomi. Soon, Hitomi's consciousness began to fade as the room slowly began to be engulfed by darkness.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Thursday, May 19th

I yawned softly, covering my mouth as I did so, slowly walking to school. Yesterday was exhausting and with Dojima coming home early, I couldn't go to bed early. Today, I was especially tired.

"Hey, Narukami-chan!" I heard a familiar voice call out. I looked over my shoulder and saw Hanamura running over to me. Once Hanamura had caught up to me, walking in sync with me I nodded.

"Good morning, Hanamura" I greeted. Hanamura smiled and nodded.

"So hey, how're ya feeling? Did you get a lot of sleep?" Hanamura asked, his smile turning into a concerned frowned. I shook my head, looking forward.

"My uncle came home early last night because Tatsumi-san returned. We talked for a bit, so I didn't go straight to bed" I explained.

"That's not good" Hanamura sighed, causing me to look over to him. Hanamura smiled brightly and pointed at himself.

"Hey, if you want, I can write some notes for you while you nap in class!" Hanamura suggested. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, blinking twice at his suggestion as sweat rolled down my jaw.