Assumptions

Friday, May 13th | Evening...

I opened the door to the Dojima residence, placing my bag down onto the floor as I began to remove my shoes.

"Welcome home, Big Sis!" I heard Nanako call out. I looked up and saw Nanako coming towards me with a bright smile on her face.

"Hey Big Sis, guess what? Daddy's coming home early today with dinner!" Nanako giggled. Once I got my shoes off, I placed them properly to where they should go and picked up my bag.

"That's wonderful, Nanako" I said with a nod as I placed my bag in it's usual spot on the small table near me.

"Um, um... I went shopping today, so the fridge is filled with food!" Nanako said with excitement. I fummed in surprise, walking over to the fridge and opening to see its contents. Just as Nanako said, the fridge was filled with food.

"Huh... I can probably make meat stew for lunch tomorrow with all this" I muttered. nanako suddenly gasp, causing me to flinch in surprise.

"Meat stew?!" Nanako exclaimed. Stunned, I nodded hesitantly. Nanako's eyes began to sparkle as she tugged the end of my uniforms shirt.

"Can you make me meat stew for lunch tomorrow too?" Nanako asked excitedly.

"Um... Alright" I replied, a little overwhelmed by Nanako's joy. Nanako cheered happily and began to chant "Meat stew~!". With a soft sigh, I turned my attention and began to pull out ingredients.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

After I had chopped up the meat and vegetables, poured the broth into the pot, the house began to smell with a delicious aroma. Nanako, who was so happy about the stew that she decided to watch me make it, sniffed the air.

"Wow, that smells so good!" Nanako sighed, a small drop of drool rolling down her mouth. I grabbed a napkin and wiped Nanako's mouth, causing her to blush in embarrassment. I turned my attention back to the stew which was almost complete. All it needs now is to simmer for a bit. I scanned the counter for a drop lid. Seeing that it wasn't there, I looked over to Nanako and squatted down.

"Nanako, can you get the drop lid for me?" I asked. Nanako smiled brightly and nodded, turning around and opening a drawer. While she looked for the drop lid, using the spatula, I stirred the stew to help mix the flavors. After a moment, I heard the door open.

"I'm home. Woah, what's that smell?" I heard Dojima say with a surprised tone. I tapped the spatial twice gently, before setting it down on a plate.

"Welcome back, Dojima" I greeted once I saw him enter the house, Junes bags in each hand.

"Welcome home, Daddy!" Nanako cheered as she ran over to Dojima with the drop lid in her hands, giving him a big hug. He laughed at Nanako's actions, petting her head gently as she let go. Nanako turned around and ran over to me, giving me the drop lid. I nodded a thank you, placing it on top of the pot.

"What are you doing?" Dojima asked, catching my attention. I wiped my hands with a hand towel, turning around to face Dojima.

"I'm making meat stew for lunch tomorrow" I explained, placing down the paper towel and unplugged the tea maker that Nanako and I had set up while I was cooking. I walked over to Dojima as he placed the Junes bags down on top of the kitchen table.

"There's plenty, so I can make you a box as well" I offered as I helped him take out the bento boxes from the plastic bag. Dojima smiled in gratitude, a small hint of playfulness somewhere in it.

"You're starting to sound like an old woman" Dojima teased. I felt my face heat up a bit at his tease, scoffing playfully causing him to laugh awkwardly. Dojima gave Nanako a bento box, which she cheered a "thank you" and rushed over to the table. Dojima gave me a bento box, grabbing to last one along with the tea maker; and the two of us followed after Nanako to the living room. Nanako turned the television on, the news being shown on the television.