The School Camping Trip

Monday, June 6th | Early Morning...

I let out a soft yawn as I walked- more like stumbled- down the road, rubbing my eyes. My body felt incredibly heavy due to the constant practicing I've been doing in the basketball club. With the three new girls- who, just as I thought, were the three girls I had helped out with Nise's meat gum- the team had a burst of new energy; especially with my temporary return. Due to the practicing, I've been staying up even later than I usually would- which is the reason why I'm having trouble walking normally. Thankfully, yesterday was my last day of practicing, so I don't have to worry about fatigue for another good few days. The morning sun was shining brightly on everyone, making my tired body feel weak and powerless under its gentle heat. I feel like I'm going to melt away.

"Hey, Hitomi-chan!" I heard a voice call out to me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Yukiko jogging towards me. I slowed down so that she could catch up.

"Good morning Yukiko-chan" I greeted once she caught up, the two of us walking side by side. Yukiko nodded hello as she tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

"So earlier, I stopped by Tatsumi Textiles to check up on Kanji-kun" Yukiko began, sounding a little out of breath. "His mother said that he's going to school today!" I blinked in surprise at the news.

"Really? That's wonderful!" I replied, glad to know that we can finally talk about the case with Tatsumi. The past week has most certainly been tiring, but there have been a rather large amount of days before that where I did nothing but study my brains out. With Tatsumi back, I most certainly don't have to worry too much about it anymore. At least, not for a while.

"Yes, it is. We need to make sure we talk to him after school today" Yukiko suggested with a serious tone.

"Should someone go get him? Or should we leave a note telling him to meet us?" Yukiko asked. I hummed for a moment as I thought about it. Nise and Hanamura seem to have mixed feelings about Tatsumi... Yukiko and I so far aren't very bothered by him, but it might raise suspicions if the two of us were to go. And sending him a note would only bring more suspicion or make him think that we're going to harm him.

"I'll get him personally after school" I replied, finally coming up with the solution.

"Are you sure? We can always get Yosuke to do it" Yukiko suggested. I shook my head.

"Hanamura would be rather uncomfortable by that if we ask him" I explained.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Yukiko asked, sounding a bit concerned. I shook my head again.

"No, it's fine. You should tell Hanamura and Nise-kun that we'll be meeting up with Tatsumi-san after school" I instructed. There was a small moment of silence between us as we walked.

"Alright... Does the roof sound fine?" Yukiko asked, sounding very faintly concerned. I nodded.

"Oh, actually... Do you know what classroom Tatsumi-san is in?" I asked, realizing that I didn't know.

"I believe he's in class 1-3" Yukiko replied. I nodded a thank you. The rest of the walk to school was fairly cheerful thanks to all the topics Yukiko had talked about.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
After school...

Once the bell had rung, ending our long day of school, I packed up my bag a lot faster than normal. Nise let out a long sigh of relief as he stretched in his chair.

"Man I'm bored..." Nise sighed. "Hey, why don't the four of us all go somewhere or something? How about a bite to eat?"

"That doesn't sound half bad. I'm free today so I'm down" Hanamura replied behind me. Yukiko nor myself said anything as I fastened my bag close, quickly standing up.