Awaiting Ryo

A/N: Big shout out to @EmberWright
Not only have they been a big fan of the story, but it's also their birthday today! :3

3rd POV

Hitomi slowly opened her eyes, a familiar area coming to her vision. Hitomi sat across from a man with an unusual long nose and a woman with platinum-blonde hair.

"Hello there, and welcome to the Velvet Room" the woman with platinum-blonde hair, known as Margaret, next to the long-nosed man greeted. This threw Hitomi off a bit since the long-nosed man, known as Igor, was usually the one who would greet her upon arrival.

"Your most recent battle was a fierce one. You overcame it and formed yet another new bond- it is the lovers arcana" Margaret said as a card showing a large purple heart, thorned vines wrapping around it, with two figures on each side of it, descended in front of Margaret; dissolving into the old book on her lap. The ragged book grew a light blue, as if becoming one with the card, and Margaret opened it up. There, on one of the pages was a moving picture of Hitomi talking with a red face Ryo.

"I have no doubt that it's powers will be of great assistance to you. Ah, the lovers..." Margaret sighed, dreamily.

She looked over to Hitomi and smiled a little, saying "If taken into moderation, romance can bloom in ways that enrich the heart. But taken to access..." Hitomi blinked in surprise as Margaret's expression suddenly turned cold- her yellow eyes filled with nothing but anger.

"It will prick you and make you bleed" Margaret warned. A bead of sweat rolled down Hitomi's jaw as she blinked rapidly in surprise. This was the first time she had ever seen the platinum-blonde haired woman express such emotions. Igor rolled his eyes at Margaret's words.

"Now then" Igor began, catching Hitomi's attention, "Until we meet again." Hitomi nodded and slowly closed her eyes as her vision began to blur- darkness engulfing the room.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Saturday, June 25th | After school...

Hitomi's POV

The day went by pretty normally for me. And with Kujikawa's safety in my mind, I didn't have anything to worry about either. Although, the rest of the school was buzzing about Kujikawa and how he was "attacked" by a crazy fan. The others and I of course knew that wasn't the case. During lunch, Yukiko ate with me because she was worried of my neck injury which I treated and patched with a square band aid. It makes me happy and a bit shy to have someone as pretty and nice as Yukiko worried so for my wellbeing. It's a bit foreign to me, honestly. But I'm glad that she's my friend.

Once school was over, I found myself walking besides Nise to the Chinese Restaurant- Aiya. We sat together on the stools connected to the counter and we ordered a simple meal of steak and rice. I had finished my food and stared at Nise as he devoured his second bowl.

"Mmmm... The meat and rice just flow through my veins...!" Nise joked as he swallowed the food in his mouth. I felt something tickle my throat as the corners of my lips twitched.

"You look happy" I commented, catching his attention. Nise laughed sheepishly as he began to pick at his food.

"On the happiness scale, it's up there with watching action movies..." Nise sighed, as if drifting into a blissful reverie, before taking another bite.

"I need to work hard and pump myself up, or else I can't pull us out of a jam, right?" Nise began as he swallowed.

His expression suddenly then turned serious as he looked down at his near finished meal, muttering "Especially Yukiko... I need to be able to protect her..." I couldn't help but stare at Nise in slight interest. The two are really close to one another and show signs that they've been friends since childhood. It must be nice... It reminds me of my relationship with Senpai.