The Death of King Moron and The Bullying of Hitomi Narukami

Possible trigger warning. Read this chapter with caution.

Sunday, July 10th | Morning...

3rd POV

Somewhere, in the small rural town of Inaba, there is a young lad playing an old RPG game on his computer, furiously with skill bashing buttons on his silver Playstation controler. The young lad played his game with such rigor and excitement, his breathing is heavy. It's the final round on the game, the lad quickly demolishing health from the final boss. One can say that this young lad is... Not one that most people would associate with. And with the interior of his room, it would make sense. On the wall, there are several pictures of Yukiko Amagi and Kanji Tatsumi, several pictures cluttered together in their respective groups. The room overall was a mess- the futon still out and not made with some dirty laundry left on it, books and paper scattered on the floor. The lights were off and the window was covered with a thick yellow curtain, leaving only the light of the computer screen to light the room.

"It's his fault..." the young lad heaved as his toes gripped the protective rails of his rolling chair. "He did it... He did it!"

The young lad's unkempt black hair covered the lad's eyes as he played, a devilish grin stretching his lips the closer and closer he got to defeating the final boss.

Once the final boss was slain, the words "You Win!" appeared on screen, causing the lad to laugh hysterically and cry out: "Well now! You see that?! I did it! I'm amazing!"

Suddenly, the sound of police sirens echoed through the streets, causing the young lad to stop laughing and instantly jump up to his feet; rushing towards his curtained window. Opening it slightly, the young lad saw two police cars zoom by his street through the fog that was beginning to clear from the previous three nights and two days of rain. The young lad smirked at this, a tingling sensation filling him as he bit his bottom lip.

"Catch me if you can...!" the lad laughed evilly, closing the curtains.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Noon...

Hitomi's POV

"Damnit!" Kanji grunted as he slammed his left fist to the counter next to him.

Everyone was sitting in complete silence as we listened to the sound of food sizzling in the Chinese restaurant, Aiya. Earlier, the news reported that Kinshiro Morooka, our home room teacher, was found dead while being hanged upside down on a water tower. I was the first to find out since earlier this morning, Dojima had to suddenly leave in the middle of breakfast; saying that something horrible has happened to Morooka. I immediately called the others and told them to keep an eye on the news. If anything were to happen, we had to meet up at Aiya's for lunch. And, well... Something had happened.

"I don't believe it! We followed our theory 'bout people on the news, and King Moron's never been on the news! Or T.V!" Kanji growled, vocally sharing his frustration about the whole situation. Kanji was sitting on the 5th stool form the L-shaped counter where Aiya's chef cooked on the other side. Hanamura, Nise, Yukiko, and I were sitting at a table across from him, Yukiko sitting on my right while Hanamura sat across from me and Nise next to him.

"Yeah, and he didn't appear on the Midnight Channel either" Yukiko pointed out.

Hanamura clicked his tongue in frustration and muttered, "I can't believe this happened...!"

"I thought the theory we had was actually pretty good... but maybe our idea was just a big coincidence" Nise sighed, looking rather upset that we had failed to save someone. "We gotta rethink everything. The Midnight Channel may not even be related to the murders!"