Golden Week

Saturday, April 30th Early Morning...

It was a nice day today as I silently walked towards school. It hadn't occurred to me that the past few days up to yesterday had been raining until the weather forecast last night. The fog had subsided earlier this morning, making the sky clear, with splashes of pearl white clouds in the mix.

I walked up the hill leading to the gate of Yasogami High, when I noticed Amagi fidgeting in front of it as if hesitant to head inside.

"Good morning to you, Amagi-san" I called out, catching her attention. Amagi turned around in surprise, noticing me. As I walked over to her, she stammered with her words, looking embarrassed.

"O-Oh... Good morning" Amagi stuttered as she smiled at me.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked. Amagi nodded, her smile becoming more relaxed.

"Y-Yeah... I'll be coming to school again, so... That'll be nice" Amagi stuttered nervously. I nodded, agreeing with her. There was a small pause of silence as Amagi's smile started to become a guilty frown.

"I caused everyone some real trouble... I'm sorry" Amagi began, sounding guilty. She stopped for a moment, blinking in realization. She shook her head as she smiled gently at me. "No, 'sorry' isn't quite right... What I mean to say is, thank you." I stared at Amagi as I noticed that she seemed more cheerful than before.

"My mother's back to work already. The maids are being really supportive, and I think things are going even smoother than before" Amagi chirped. I nodded, taking in her words.

"Still, I wonder if I was trying to hard..." Amagi began as she frowned again. "I may have been too caught up in the idea that I had to do everything myself. Nise got hurt because of it, but... Ever since the incident, I feel like I can think about these things more calmly."

"I'm glad things turned out for the better" I said suddenly, causing her to stare at me in surprise. I was happy that Amagi was back. Nise hadn't shown it, but I could tell that he really missed Amagi's presence at school. Nise will be rather happy to see Amagi again. Amagi blushed and turned away from me.

"B-But... it's still kind of embarrassing..." Amagi began, her voice a little shaky. "You guys saw everything... Even the things I didn't want to admit..."

"Everyone's like that," I said reassuringly.

"You think so...?" Amagi asked, continuing to avoid my eve contact.

"Yukiko!" a familiar voice called out. Amagi and I looked over and saw Nise waving happily at the two of us.

"Oh, it's Nise!" Amagi giggled. Amagi turned towards me and nodded.

"Well, I'll talk to you later" Amagi said as she left me to go catch up with Nise, who was trying to run towards us. I watched as Amagi practically ran all the way to Nise, the two nearly colliding with each other. There was a pause between them before Nise wrapped his arms around Amagi in an embrace, laughing happily. I felt proud at the scene, a warm feeling washing over me. This was all possible because the team and I had saved Amagi before she met the same fate as Konishi and Yamano. It was good to see Nise and Amagi together again. The warm feeling continued to wash over me as I turned around, heading towards the school.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Morning...

Everyone in class was surprised to see Amagi sitting back at her desk. Even the geography teacher, Mr. Yamada had noticed her presence.

"I see Amagi-san is back" Yamada began with smile. "That's good, I'm glad that one of the cuties in the class was able to return. Wouldn't you guys agree?" The room went dead silent as some of the students gave Yamada suspicious stares. Yamada's face paled as his smile began to twitch.