Welcome to the band

-Your POV-

The gig was amazing as always. Crowd screaming the lyrics and going crazy, people coming over to us to meet the guys. The energy was truly electric. I really hoped they took off, Chris and the rest of the guys really deserved it. We were sat in class. We didn't get back home till the early hours of the morning and now at 9 am everyone was struggling to stay awake. I had bought everyone coffee in an attempt to keep them at least half awake today. This was proof we were going to struggle touring and going to uni. I was lucky Chris didn't want me going with them if it meant I couldn't be at uni.

I had an audition today for a band which I was really nervous for. Ricky had agreed to help me and play guitar for me. I was going to sing an acoustic cover of My Immortal by Evanescence. Chris could sense I was really nervous and kept rubbing my thigh in an attempt to calm me. I was partially nervous about the audition but it was mainly singing in front of Chris and the guys that was making me nervous. They were so talented and I didn't want to make a fool of myself. My nerves were the only thing keeping me awake.

First period finished and we had time to grab breakfast before my audition. We made our way to the cafe on campus and sat down. Our food was placed on the table and the guys began eating. They really are like animals when their hungry. "You have to eat something princess." Chris urged pushing my plate towards me. I was far too nervous to eat, I felt like I was going to throw up. "I'm not hungry Chris. I feel like I'm going to be sick." Chris put his knife and fork down turning in his seat to face me. He turned me too him and grabbed my hands in his tattooed hands. "Scarlet, I get that you're nervous but this is an amazing opportunity for you and you don't want to faint and potentially loose this. We're all going to be there to support you and Ricky will be up there with you. Please eat something." He pleaded with me. I couldn't really say no to his pleading eyes. He was right though. It was an amazing opportunity and anything could come from this. Big things could come from this. Reluctantly I ate my toast and picked at the rest of the food on my plate.

"Scarlet!" Shouted the guitarist of the band I was auditioning for. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves. Ricky squeezed my hand smiling at me. "Ready?" He asked.
"Not really." I replied, my voice shaking. He kept hold of my hand and walked us out onto the stage. Once infront of the mic I looked up and saw the guys sat smiling at me. Chris had the biggest smile on his face and winked at me. I felt instantly calm. This is how he must feel seeing me in the wings at his show. I snapped out of my daze and introduced myself and what I'd be singing. The band talked amongst themselves then motioned for me to start.

-Chris' POV-

Scarlet started singing. Her voice was beautiful. Everything this girl did pulled me in more. I didn't think it was possible to be more attracted to her than I already was. She was so beautiful and her voice was so calming. This song clearly meant a lot to her and I could feel the emotion behind her singing. Ghost nudged me. I looked at him. "She's yours. She's going to go far with a voice like that. You should be proud." He oozed pride himself. I looked at the others and they all had the same prideful expression. And I was proud of Scarlet. So proud. She had me caught on every word she was singing. Ricky's playing was amazing also and he looked so happy. He loved performing, and it was weird seeing him as an audience and not being up there with him. I wanted to be up there performing with Scarlet. One thing was certain, regardless of what happens today she needs to perform with us. Her voice would sound amazing with us.

The song finished and we all cheered and clapped for her and Ricky. I watched closely as the band talked amongst themselves before turning to us. "Is this your guitarist?"
"Ricky? Yeh man!" I called back.
"Damn. He's amazing keep hold of him!" I laughed seeing Ricky go shy at the attention. I was so nervous for Scarlet, I could see she was getting anxious as she was picking at her nails. Ricky looked up at us and I motioned for him to comfort Scarlet. He looked over at her putting his guitar down. He took her hand in his and wrapped his other arm round her waist pulling her close. My jealousy spiked. I appreciated how close they were and that Scarlet had bonded more with Ricky out of the guys. She had bonded well with Ghost also. I was trying to push it aside. I had to let her have her friends and understand her relationships with them.

"Scarlet, that was beautiful. You have such an amazing voice. Out of all the auditions we've had today you've definitely blown it out of the park. We love your look and your personality. The lead singer position is yours! Congratulations!" Scarlets hand flew up to her mouth then she moved them to speak. "Oh my god! Thank you so much!" Her voice was cracking, she was going to cry. I rose out of my seat and ran towards the stage. I climbed on to the stage. She ran to me and I picked her up spinning her round. "Well done baby girl. I'm so proud of you." I whispered in her ear. The rest of the guys joined me on stage to congratulate Scarlet. "Practice is at six on Thursdays. I'll email you our stuff over. By the way I'm Nikki, this is Jeremy, Daniel and Frankie. We're New Years Day. Welcome to the band." They also swarmed the stage to congratulate her and meet us.

Seeing Scarlet this happy really warmed me. She was still crying but she was so happy. This gave her a chance to do something she loved. We'd talked about her singing in the past and she always wanted to perform on stage and see the world. This could be it for her. I'd have to get James to see them play and see if he could get them some gigs. I really wanted this to work for her. For us.