City lights

-Your POV-

Sat at the breakfast bar I could feel the tension between everyone. It was like Chris vs me vs Devin, Ricky, Balz, Ryan and Vinny. They had all sided with me last night and although Chris and I had sorted things out there was still some tension there left over. "So I'm going to say it. This awkwardness and tension better be gone by the tonight. We can't be bummed out tonight." Ryan said. There was no malice in his voice he was just saying what we were all feeling. Chris and I nodded. I pulled out my phone and opened a new message to Nikki, our first class wasn't until 11 and I wanted to get the awkwardness out of the way.
Hi Nikki, you free before 11? I wanna meet up

I set my phone back down and it buzzed instantly.
Yeh I'm free. Is 10 okay, at the fountain on campus?

Yeh that's fine, see you then!
I hit send and headed upstairs with Chris. Chris headed into the bathroom to get a shower while I started getting ready. I placed my phone in the iPhone dock and started playing his songs in hope to lighten the mood. I walked past the en suite to grab my clothes and heard Chris humming and singing. But it wasn't along to the music I had playing. I didn't recognise it. I stepped closer to the bathroom door that was open half way.  "I will stay with you and cut right through..." He trailed off into a hum again. His voice was truly beautiful. Even at this early stage of writing where he was playing with different sounds. He sang the line again emphasising stay and cut as he sang. It gave me chills.

I walked into the bathroom Chris was stood at the mirror towel wrapped round his waist, towel drying his hair. He hadn't seen me yet. He started singing again. Again emphasising stay and cut as he did. "I will stay with you and cut right though..." Trailing off again.
"That's really good Chris. Like really good. I can't wait to hear the full song." He looked over at me. Was he blushing right now? I'd never seen him blush. It was rather cute. City lights started playing. Chris turned to me reaching his hand out to me. I placed my hand in his. He pulled me to him wrapping my arms round his neck then holding my waist.

He started to move us so we were slowly dancing to the song. I stood on my tip toes and he brought his face to mine and started singing city lights to me.
Paralyzed by my envy of the night
I am lost without you here and outside it looks like rain
For the last time, I bleed myself dry tonight
And nothing I could ever write, would help you understand this life
There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights
The wax will drip as so as blood, romance is dead and all is lust.
You are the water in my lungs, we've lost it.
We are all alone.

I loved when he was like this. He liked to behave like an emotionless robot but he had it in him to let his walls down. And when he did our relationship was great. Moments like this made me fall for him more. I understood that Chris expressed himself in his songs as he didn't know how to do it any other way this was his way of making things right. It was beautiful. The song ended but we continued to sway as he kissed me. It was the most passionate kiss we'd shared and I felt light headed as my heart skipped a beat and my stomach tightened. This effect he had on me was mind blowing. It's hard to stay mad when my whole body aches for him then reacts like this when he touches me or kisses me.

***

I could see Nikki as we neared the fountain. The closer we got the more I could see the bruising to his face and nose. I didn't think Chris had punched him that hard. I shot a look at Chris, he looked ashamed and so he should.

"Scarlet what's he doing here? I didn't agree to this!" Nikki shouted then looked at Chris. "You here to hit me again?"
Chris released my hand and held both hands up as he approached Nikki.
"Not here to hit you, I'm here to apologise. I shouldn't have hit you, I got insanely jealous and what you said pissed me off but I should have walked away. I'm sorry." His apology was genuine. I watched as Nikki stood thinking over what Chris had said.
"It's all good man. Looking back I deserved it. I was being an dick, I'm sorry for what I said. Scarlet really likes you, I have no right to air my opinions over your tiffs and arguments. I wasn't being a good friend to her by saying what I did." Chris grabbed Nikki's shoulder smiling.
"I hope what I did doesn't effect Scarlets future with you guys. You can hate me but don't let what I did change your opinion on her. As long as you keep your hands to yourself we won't have another problem." I punched Chris' arm playfully. Nikki nodded.
"No it hasn't. We would never find someone to replace her she's amazing. You're very lucky Chris. Don't fuck it up." He replied winking.