Gorgeous Nightmare

-Chris' POV-

"Guys! Can we be serious please, we have to get this right." Scarlet whined as Nikki and Jeremy were pratting about. It was our last show tonight and James had managed to get New Years Day on the gig. He hadn't seen them play yet but Scarlet impressed him enough 4 weeks ago he pulled some strings. This was a very important gig for them. If they impressed James they'd be going on their own tour. Scarlet had built up quiet a name for them she'd been singing city lights with us at every show and her band were always at the meet and greets.

The guys settled and they went back to practicing Part Time Lover. Which was the one song Scarlet was still trying to learn. They nailed it eventually and Scarlet calmed down. Allowing the guys to relax a little, while she got ready. Ricky and Devin were surprisingly calm while we were getting ready to leave I think the 4 weeks of gigs had taught them we were good at time keeping and there was no need for them to stress. Devin was so calm he'd done his makeup at home. He was usually too busy stressing and would end up doing it at the venue.

"See you at the venue baby girl." I said kissing Scarlet. She was riding with her band. Our relationship had been really good and I was getting a good hold on my jealousy. I knew I could trust her and I'd become good friends with her band which helped. I didn't like how little I was seeing her but I understood she was busy preparing for tonight and that was fine. It was Scarlets birthday tomorrow and I had a lot planned for her. I couldn't wait.

We arrived at the venue and Nikki grabbed me pulling me to one side. "Dude you need to calm Red down. She was fine till we got here then she started freaking out. We're worried she won't go on stage." He said panicked. I forgot they called her Red and that threw me briefly. I looked over at Jeremy and Frankie who looked equally as worried. "Who's with her now? She's not alone is she?" I worried when she was like this.
"Trixx is with her in the dressing room." Frankie replied. I nodded and headed inside checking the time. They were due backstage in 10 minutes. I walked in to see Scarlet sat on the floor on the verge of tears. Trixx had his arm round her and one hand on her knee trying to calm her down.

Trixx looked up at me and I signalled for him to leave us be. He nodded, standing up and left us to it. I took his place next to Scarlet pulling her into my arms hugging her tightly. "Scarlet listen to me, you are going to be amazing. And it's all going to be fine. You've worked so hard, I know you can do this." She shook her head against me.
"I'm only okay with you because you're up there with me."
"And I will be tonight kitten. I'll be in the wings, we all will be. And I'll be singing along with you. I'll be right there. Just like you are when I perform. I'll be right there, you'll be able to see me. You're not alone. Now come on, calm down baby girl. I know you can do this." I kissed the top of her head squeezing her tighter.

"Come on. You need to get back stage." I helped her up off the floor holding her hand as we went back stage. When we got backstage my guys jumped her smothering her with hugs and kind words. I hung back, wanting to be the last one to speak to her before she went on stage. "1 minute guys!" Announced a stage hand. I grabbed Scarlets hand pulling her to me. "Have an amazing show my beautiful Scarlet." I whispered to her kissing her deeply. She pulled out of the kiss smiling. Nikki came over placing a hand on Scarlets back as he escorted her on stage. She looked amazing in the light of the stage.

The crowd went crazy. New Years Day had some songs online but they were with their old singer, they needed to record with Scarlet. I was filled with pride watching her. She was dancing round the stage and having the time of her life. The crowd went insane when they started Part Time Lover I knew Scarlet would love what was about to happen. She got to the chorus and the crowd screamed the lyrics at her. She turned looking to me a huge smile on her face. The end of the song neared I motioned for her to hold the mic to the crowd. She did and watched amazed as they screamed 'take time if you need it, rewind and repeat it, take time if you need it!'
Scarlet screamed a massive thank you to the crowd and the band left the stage. She ran straight into my arms and I spun her round. "Well done baby girl. How amazing did that feel?"
"They screamed lyrics back to me! They actually screamed back to me! That felt so unreal!" She had the biggest smile on her face. I hadn't seen her this happy ever. I kissed her softly.
"Is it our turn yet?" Vinny asked excited. I set her down and let her be jumped by everyone including her own band. Devin hung back with me hand on my shoulder. He shared the same proud look I did. Once everyone got off her she walked up to us. Devin extended his arms to her. She ran into them. "Well done princess. You were amazing. Hope you put on a good show with us too." He kissed the top of her head and let her come back to me.