Fight Song

-Your POV-

It's been a few months since I've seen Chris. I can't eat and I can't sleep and I constantly feel sick thinking about what he did. Nikki has been amazing. He let me move in with him and has been so supportive. I've tried to stay focused on my own band and get songs written and pieced together. I still go and see the guys and hang out nearly everyday but being in what was once my home that I shared with them is incredibly hard.

It was mid afternoon and I was cuddled up on the sofa with Nikki watching Dexter. He had one arm round me and a hand on my thigh. I was in my Star Wars pjs. I loved these pjs, light pink short shorts with storm troopers on and a black vest that had a storm trooper on that said 'I only date rebels'. Nikki's hand was stroking my thigh starting at my knee and slowly moving up. I looked up at him confused by the sudden affection. He looked down at me our eyes locking as he smiled down at me. His face was slowly moving towards mine. Was he about to kiss me?

Buzz buzz!

My phone vibrating on the table broke the moment and I quickly reached over to see who it was. Urgh! It was an IMessage from Chris. What the fuck did he want now? This was a regular occurrence.
I don't expect you to forgive me for what I've done. I don't expect you ever will. But can we at least talk Scarlet. Please. We can fix this. I can fix this. I love you so much kitten xxx
I sighed throwing my phone done on the table again. "Chris?" Nikki asked sounding a little deflated. I didn't answer. Instead I just threw myself on him, kissing him. He was shocked at first but soon kissed back holding my waist. He laid me down deepening the kiss.

Buzz buzz!

Fuck sake! I sighed pushing Nikki off me apologising as I did. I grabbed my phone and pressed the home button to see who it was. Devin.
Hey princess, want to hang out later? We can grab food and go sit somewhere? I'll bring Ricky too if you like. We miss you 😘

Hey you, yeh sure. I'll meet you at McDonald's at 7? Miss you too xxx

Just as I was about to put my phone down it buzzed in my hands.

So you can arrange a date with Ghost but can't reply to me? You know what? Fuck you Scarlet. I know I broke your heart but you've been such a fucking bitch. Stay the fuck away from me and my house. And keep your hands off my friends. Bitch.

My hands were shaking as I stood up. A wave of nausea rushed over me as I gagged pressing my hand to my mouth. Nikki jumped up rushing me to the kitchen sink, taking my phone. I made it just in time. I threw up then collapsed on the floor in tears. Nikki was looking at my phone his face growing red. Suddenly he threw my phone in my lap and grabbed his keys off the table heading out.

"NIKKI NO! Nikki please! Where are you going?!" I shouted after him scrambling to my feet.
"To do something I should have done the first time I met him. Fucking arsehole thinks he can talk to you like that after what he did to you?!"
I ran at him tripping over the dining room chairs on my way and jumped on his back.
"No! Don't hurt him. Please. I love him. Please Nikki." I pleaded crying.
Nikki stopped getting me down from his back and turned to face me.

"What? You didn't love him when we were making out on the couch 10 minutes ago." I could see the pain in his face. Shit.
"That's not what I meant. I like you Nikki I do. I don't want you to get hurt and I don't want you to hurt him cause I do still love him. What we had is hard to explain. Me still loving him doesn't change the fact I hate him nor does it change how I feel about you. Just please don't hurt him."

Nikki glared at me, thinking about what I said then sighed. I sighed too thinking he had given in. Just as I looked down he made a bee line out of the door and to his car. Nikki no! Fuck sake. I ran to my phone which I dropped when I tripped and frantically called Devin. ANSWER YOUR PHONE DEVIN! Voicemail great. I hung up and tried Ricky. It rang and rang. WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING THEIR GOD DAMN PHONES?! I hung up before the voicemail kicked in. I didn't have time. I rang Ryan then Balz. Then Devin again. And again. And again.
"Devin what the fuck?! Answer your phone for fuck sake!" I shouted as he answered.
"Where's the fire? What's up?" He asked so relaxed.
"Devin. It's Nikki...he-"
"Hey Nikki! He's here, chill girl."
"DEVIN DONT LET HIM IN."
"Why? Ricky has let him in."
"CHRIS? CHRIS I KNOW YOURE HERE!" Nikki shouted.
Shit shit shit. Oh good god.
"Devin he wants to beat up Chris. He saw what chris text me earlier and he's enraged. Either get him out of there or get chris out. Don't let him hurt Chris!" "Shit okay. We won't let him get to him. Stay on the line." I sighed as I waited.

-Devin's POV-

I put my phone on speaker and in my pocket. Nikki was stood in the hallway looking furious. I grabbed Ricky and pulled him into the kitchen through the front room. "Distract him. We need to get him out or chris out. I'll go to Chris you deal with him." Ricky nodded and headed into the hallway. I watched as he took Nikki into the front room to talk.

I quickly and quietly made my way upstairs and into Chris' room.
"Dude, shhh but you need to get out of here." I said quietly.
"Why?" He asked turning his music off and placing his headphones down.
"Nikki saw what you sent to Scarlet. He's here to beat your ass. He really pissed. Now come on." Chris didn't look phased. He sighed grabbing his stuff.
"Chris please! For me!" Scarlets voice came from my pocket. Chris looked at me confused.
"Scarlet?"
"I rang Devin as soon as I knew what Nikki was going to do. Please leave. Please Chris!" She was crying, I could tell she was scared for him. Chris didn't need any more convincing and got off his bed grabbing his keys as we left.

I told Scarlet to shush as well as Chris and we snuck back down the stairs. I could hear Nikki shouting at Ricky, we didn't have much time. Ricky kept telling him Chris wasn't here, that seemed to irate him more. We ran through the kitchen and out the back door. Once out we jumped the fence and headed to Nikki's house to get Scarlet. We had to be quick, it was a 10 minute walk but once Nikki realised Chris wasn't in he'd head back and it would only take 5 minutes.

I pulled my phone out to talk to Scarlet. "Listen princess, I need you to grab your stuff and start walking towards ours okay? I don't know how long we have before Nikki leaves but we're heading to you now. We're going to talk and sort this okay?"  Scarlet sighed realising Chris was with me.
"Fine. I'll leave now. See you soon." She hung up.

"It's so inappropriate that you call her princess. Especially in front of me." Chris was in a pissy mood. I've always called Scarlet princess and I've always done it in front of him.
"Dude, you had no problem with it when you were with her. If anything it was more inappropriate then." I really didn't want to argue with him. He was just in a mood cause I was forcing him to talk to Scarlet.
"You were fucking her. Are you fucking her still? Is that why?" I was actually gobsmacked. Yes I crossed a line last month but I would never touch her without his permission.
"No Chris, I'm not. I would never touch her without your permission. And even then I respect the both of you a lot so I won't go there." He didn't seem convinced.

As we turned the corner I could see Scarlets long fire red hair blowing in the wind. We stopped allowing her to approach us. Chris wouldn't look at her, I could see the pain in his eyes. Scarlet stopped in front of us and hugged me. She glanced at Chris and looked down, tears filling her eyes.
"Come on, there's a small park through here." I led them both to the park and to a bench for us to sit on.

I sat next to Chris and Scarlet stayed standing, refusing to sit down. Chris still wouldn't look at her and I could see Scarlet really fighting to hold back the tears. I stayed silent to allow one of them to start talking. "Chris..." her voice broke as she continued to force back the tears. "Chris I'm so sorry. I didn't ask Nikki to come for you. I tried to stop him. He read your message while I was throwing up. Chris...I love you...I would never put you in danger like that." Chris pushed his hand through his hair and finally looked at her.
"Have you been throwing up a lot?"
"Y..es.." Her voice shook as she spoke. My heart stopped. I knew where he was going. What she could say next could affect either of us.
"Anxiety or are you pregnant?" Scarlet looked away.
"Scarlet! Are you carrying my child?! Will you answer me!" I grabbed Chris' arm and squeezed it.
"Chris that's not helping, look at her! This doesn't just affect you. But shouting at her is what's pushing her away." Chris pulled his arm from me and sighed.

"I'm sorry Scarlet."
She smiled weakly nodding before answering.
"It's anxiety I think-"
"Have you had a period recently?" Chris interrupted her. Scarlet was still looking at her feet pulling on her hoodie sleeve.
"Scarlet. Have you had a period in the last month?" There was a long awkward silence. Chris and I growing more and more anxious. Waiting for her to answer.

"No."