Rattrap We Cant Escape

-Chris' POV-

Panic washed over me. What the hell was I supposed to do if Scarlet was pregnant? It would also cost a fortune to find out if it was mine or not. I don't even think I'm ready to be a dad. We have so much going on. We have tours, Scarlet has tours. How the fuck was that supposed to work? You can't take a baby on tour. Ghost looked as horrified as I felt. I had to say something.

"We need to go to a shop. Now." Scarlet looked up shocked.
"What? No!" She shouted.
"What do you mean no?! You've just told us you haven't had a period. So you're likely pregnant. You ARE going to a shop with us and you WILL do a pregnancy test." Scarlet just scowled at me. Now wasn't the time for her to be moody. If she had her way she won't have told us. That's neither right nor fair.

Ghost and I stood up and headed to the nearest shop. We walked in silence. None of us quite knowing what to say to one another and you could smell the fear. As we neared the shop I pulled out my wallet. Stopping Scarlet I pulled out my bank card and handed it to her. She new the PIN number so I didn't need to tell her. Ghost and I waited outside for her.

My phone buzzed in my jeans as did ghosts. We looked at each other then pulled our phones out.

Nikki has gone home. You can come back. You need to fix this Chris we can't keep having him coming round and wanting to kill you. It not fair on us as we have to save your ass. We want to be able to hang with Scarlet and not worry Nikki is going to loose his shit. Fix it. Today. - Ricky

He was right. Ghost had apparently gotten the same message but without the lecture. I shoved my phone in my pocket as Scarlet returned. She passed me my card then got 2 energy drinks out of the bag and handed them to each of us. I smiled. "Thank you. Come on Nikki has gone home so we'll go home and sort this out fully okay?" I spoke softly to her. Scarlet smiled weakly at me and nodded.

***

Ghost and I sat on my bed as we waited for Scarlet to take the test. "Dude what are we going to do?" Ghost whispered not wanting Scarlet to hear and get upset.
"Look, it's more than likely mine, if she is. But we will get a paternity test done to be 100%. But we have to keep it together for her. Don't think she ever imagined being a single mum at 23. We'll sort this out." I whispered back. Scarlet entered the room and I stood up allowing her to sit on the bed. She put the stick on the bedside table that was once hers and sighed holding her head in her hands.

I grabbed her hands in mine and crouched in front of her to meet her eyes. "Listen to me Scarlet, whatever the outcome we will get through this okay? Together. Positive or not I will stand by you. Whatever choice you make. I love you and your happiness and well being are the upmost importance to me. I was way out of order earlier. I apologise whole heartedly. I know you hate talking about it but we need to talk things over too. But we will get through this kitten. Me and you. Together." I gently kissed the backs of her hands. Scarlet not pulling away and instead smiling was a good sign.

Scarlets phone started buzzing on the bed next to her to let her know time was up. She shut it off and grabbed the test. Taking a deep breath she looked down at the stick in her hands. "It's negative." She said with a sigh of relief. Admittedly I was a little disappointed. As hard as it would have been to have a child right now part of me really wanted this.
"You need to go to the doctors princess. Have some tests done and find out what's wrong okay? I'm sure Chris or myself will go with you." Scarlet looked up turning to Devin who reached out and rubbed her arm. "Thank you. Can you leave us please? We have a lot to talk about."

Ghost nodded and left the room. My anxiety peeked. I've been begging her to talk since she found out nearly 2 months ago. This was either a good thing or a bad thing. She'd either agree to work past it or tell me she wants nothing to do with me. The later would kill me. I've not been myself since she left at all. I rose to my feet and sat down on the bed where Ghost had been sitting.

"I'm never going to forgive you. You broke my heart. I love you and I thought you loved me. I trusted you. I get we were apart for 2 months and that must have been hard for you. It was hard for me. But I didn't sleep with someone else. I was waiting for you to come home. What did she have that I don't? What was so good about her Chris?" Great. Questions I can't really answer and even if I could I don't want to.
"You don't want to know the answer to them Scarlet. And I can't answer them. I was stupid and I did a really awful thing. I know this. For that I'm sorry. I accept you will never forgive me but I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you. She meant nothing to me kitten. I love you and only you." Scarlet shook her head looking away from me. I didn't like talking about this either to be honest.

"Fine. We start as friends and go from there. You need to prove to me I can trust you. And I need to see if I can even be around you after what you've done. But please let me see my friends. I know they are your friends and they were yours first, but they are my friends too. Other than my band I have no one else here." I nodded. I realised how my jealousy had made things difficult for her. That was something I never intended to do.

"I apologise I made things difficult for you kitten. I see that now. But know that was something I never intended to do." She looked up and smiled. She then scooted closer too me on the bed and extended her arms for a hug. I accepted and pulled her too me. My heart stopped for a second. It felt truly amazing to feel her in my arms again. Feel her heart racing with mine. I buried my face into her hair taking in her smell. God I have missed her so much. My beautiful Scarlet. I had to make things right. I need her with me.

I'd choose being with her in anyway over loosing her forever. No matter how hard it would be if we stayed friends forever it wouldn't be as hard as living without her at all. "I do love you Scarlet. So much." I whispered into her hair.

"Prove it. Show me your phone." I went to argue back but knew it was pointless. Plus there was nothing on there that could ruin this. I hadn't spoke to Gaia since we got back. The messages were still there, she really didn't need or want to see them but if this would help her trust me then I had to let her on my phone. I held my thumb over the home button unlocking my phone and passed it to her.

She went straight into my messages. Finding her name straight away she opened the thread. There was stuff in there she really didn't need to see. I was stupid for not deleting them really but I've already made my bed. I watched as tears fell onto my phone.

Scarlet closed the messages and deleted them. She then opened my contacts and blocked and deleted her number. She then went onto my social media and checked all the direct messages. Gaia had never followed me or messaged me on social media nor had I with her. I thought it best not to bring that up and let her get on with it. She then went into my photos, there was nothing there. Once happy she passed my phone back to me.

"Wow. She's good is she? You think about fucking her all the time? What about me Chris! I was your girlfriend, someone you love, shouldn't I be the person you think about while you're touching yourself?! Not some slut you met on tour?!"

"I did think of you, I slept with her once and even then I was thinking of you. I-" Scarlet scoffed interrupting me.

"BULLSHIT! If you were thinking of me you wouldn't have cheated. So don't even try that shit with me. Anyway it's done now. Do NOT ever mention her or her name again. And I don't expect to see her hanging around on tours either. That bitch is dead to you now. If I find out otherwise then you'll be dead to me. Understand?"

I nodded. I felt it best I don't say anything right now and let her calm down. Scarlet stood up and headed downstairs. Well that could have went better but it could have also went worse. I just need to kiss her arse now and hope I can win her back. I really hate myself right now.

-Authors note-
Hi! Sorry it took so long and is kinda short compared to other chapters. Life is crazy still so I'm trying to write when I have a spare few minutes. Usually on the bus. So drama drama drama! And not long left. Will Scarlet forgive Chris? We shall see!