You play when I say you can.

-Chris' POV-

Have fun at practice baby girl, I'll miss you at practice tonight. I'll pick you up at 9 xxx
I pressed send and stared at my phone waiting for Scarlets reply. She'd been that busy learning songs I hadn't seen her much at all. She'd been staying at her own place so she didn't get distracted. I missed her more than I cared to admit. I really couldn't wait to pick her up tonight and take her home. Just to hold her again, feel her skin against mine. And tomorrow she'd be waiting backstage for me as I performed. My phone buzzed in my hands. Scarlets name on the screen.

I'll try! I'm so nervous though. What if I mess up? I miss you, I really can't wait to see you xxx

I smiled at her message while I typed my reply.

You'll be fine kitten, they love you. See you at 9 xxx

I hit send and put my phone in my pocket. It buzzed almost instantly. I took it back out to check the message.

Okay.

I'd upset her. Shit. I needed to fix it but we both had practice so it would have to wait. I wasn't too sure what I had done but I'd fix it.

***

I waited outside the building New Years Day practiced in. It was a place on campus next to the music department. The only reason we didn't practice here was because we liked the place we had. We'd been practicing there since before we started uni. I watched as few tired students wandered the campus either leaving their last classes or heading to the library to study late into the night. Where was she? I checked the time. 9.10pm. I'd been here 10 minutes now and I was beginning to worry. I opened my messages and sent Scarlet a text.

Where are you kitten? Are you okay? Xxx

Just as I hit send I heard voices behind me. I turned round to face the building seeing the band coming out. Nikki had his arm round Scarlets shoulders and seemed to be whispering to her as she laughed. She looked up her eyes meeting mine. I folded my arms over my chest and shot a glare at Nikki. My jealousy bubbling up. I wanted to punch him. If he didn't get off Scarlet I most definitely would. "Hi Chris!" Scarlet said excited as they exited the building. Nikki looked up and dropped his arm. I stared at him as Scarlet made her way over to my side. "Scarlet go wait in the van."
"But..." She started to protest but I interrupted her.
"I said wait in the van. You know better than to argue back." I watched as her face turned.
"Fine." She spat storming off the the van and straight into the arms of Ricky who was stood against the van smoking. Fuck sake.

"You shouldn't talk to her like that. She's not your property." Nikki said glaring at me. I stepped closer to him, the rest of the band moved closer to him. I was taller than him. Not by much but enough that I was pretty intimidating. "Are we going to have a problem? Keep your hands off my girlfriend. And while she is MY girlfriend she is mine. She knows that." My hands clenched into fists at my sides. Nikki smiled at me. He was a cocky shit. "Really? Cause it looks like your girlfriend is getting pretty close to your guitarist. You really upset her earlier. Good job I was there to pick up the pieces and you've upset her now and look" he gestured behind me to where Ricky was stood cuddling Scarlet and Ghost had now joined. "It looks like your band are now picking up the pieces. You keep this up and you'll loose her. But I'll be here when that happens. She needs someone who will love her. Someone who deserves her."

I don't know what happened. It all happened so quickly and I blacked out. "CHRIS! DONT! THAT IS ENOUGH!" Scarlets voice brought me back to earth. I looked down at my hands. Blood covered my right knuckles. I looked back up, Nikki was holding his face, blood gushing from his nose. I stepped towards him again but Daniel and Jeremy stepped in front of Nikki. I tried to press forward again but Ghost and Ryan grabbed my arms. I felt a small hand on my chest. Scarlet stood in front of me. "Touch her again and I'll do more than break your nose." I spat at him. Scarlet stood apologising while Ryan and Ghost dragged me to the van.