Distance is make or break

-Your POV-

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen. It was nearly 7pm, everyone would be home soon. The guys had been in the studio for weeks now recording their first album Creatures. It's a good thing Chris and I lived together otherwise we won't have seen each other much this past month. Between him being in the studio and playing random gigs and New Years Day touring the local scene we rarely had a day to ourselves. This was their last day though and our tour ended last night. It was amazing touring and playing shows. We were building quite a name for ourselves and James was really impressed with us.

Motionless had finally managed to buy a slightly better van and trailer and they had built their own bunks in it for when they traveled out of town. It didn't look comfy at all. But it would do for now. I had tidied the house and I was now cooking dinner for everyone. The smell of garlic and other spices filled the house as I made pasta with garlic bread for us all. I had just finished plating it all up at the island when I heard keys in the door and the commotion. "Ricky move yo' ass! I'm fucking hungry!" Balz shouted. I heard a girly scream and a bang. I looked up arms crossed as Balz ran into the kitchen. "Balz you jack ass that hurt! Scarlet don't feed him!" Ricky yelled. Balz was grinning at me innocently. I shook my head at him. "Come on guys, food!" I called as everyone stampeded in.

I never got use to how animal like they were with food. Chris sat next to me kissing me and started eating like a civilised human. "Thank you Scarlet!" Vinny enthused with a mouth full of food. Everyone else made a small noise showing their thanks. "No seriously though, never move out. The house is clean, we come home to cooked meals, you keep us in check. Please don't leave us!" Ryan joked. The guys helped me out round the house. I'd flat out refused to do their laundry, they were on their own there. But the house was cleaner and they were eating better now they had someone who could actually cook without destroying the kitchen. We had a nice system, if they cleaned up after themselves I'd cook and make sure the house stayed clean. They had to wash up though. I'll admit it was like looking after 6 kids sometimes. They had so much energy and were so boisterous at times.

Life was getting pretty crazy. I had to drop out of uni to keep up with my band and we started practicing in the same place as Motionless. We'd all dropped out. We had to, we could no longer balance it with our busy schedules. Chris and I barely had time for each other now, let alone anything else. They were going on tour soon for 2 months and I couldn't go with them, I had my own tour dates here and songs to write for an album. It broke my heart knowing he was leaving in a week. Nikki had agreed to move in with me while they were gone so I wouldn't be alone and Chris promised to call me every day and Skype whenever he had wifi. It didn't change the fact I'd miss him so much. His touch, his presence, his voice. Everything about him.

They were playing a local show the day before they leave so I'd get to perform with them one last time until they returned. I loved these guys so much. We were like a family. This was going to be hard. I suddenly felt loads of arms round me. I snapped out of my thoughts to see all the guys round me giving me a group hug. "What's wrong princess?" Devin asked kissing my head. I realised I was crying.
"I'm going to miss you guys so much." I sobbed into chris' chest, everyone squeezed me a little tighter. Vinny was holding my hand over the counter stroking it. We went into the front room so we could talk properly. I sat between Devin and Chris snuggling my head into Chris's chest while Devin stroked my legs with one hand and had his other on my back. Ricky was sat cross legged in front of Chris holding my hand, Ryan and Vinny either side with Balz sat in the chair. He looked like he was going to cry himself.

"When Chris Skypes you we will all say hi. You can call all of us. It's 2 months Scarlet were coming back. Don't worry sweetie." Ricky spoke softly.
"Plus we're going to miss you. Like so much! The bus is going to be a mess, these lot are going to bully me and you won't be there to keep us all sane." Balz added his voice cracking.
"Are you going to cry?" Ryan laughed. Balz shook his head, tears falling.
"Oh my god! You're such a girl!" Vinny joked. I laughed as Balz threw a cushion at him, missing him and smacking Ricky in the face. Ricky turned glaring at him.
"What? I don't like it when she cries, it upsets me seeing girls cry and I'm going to miss her mothering me. Plus Scarlet doesn't bully me like you lot do!" Balz retorted wiping his face. Ricky turned back to me looking at Chris. I felt Chris nod his head. Ricky leaned into me kissing me softly. "Stop crying sweetie, were all going to miss you but we will be back. You'll be that busy with your band it will fly by. But seriously stop crying cause we will all start. It's bad enough that girl is crying." He smiled down at me kissing me again before sitting back down.
"You know what I'll miss?" Devin asked tapping my thigh. I turned to look at him. "Having to put my tv on so loud!" He joked pinching my side. I blushed as everyone laughed.
"Why would you miss that?" Ryan asked confused. Devin kicked him causing him to fall back slightly.
"Seriously why?!" He asked again, getting another kick from Devin and one from Chris. Ryan finally clicked on to what he meant and smirked. Or so he thought. That wasn't what Devin meant at all. He was telling me he'd miss me in a way the others wouldn't. Chris and I's little sneaky sessions didn't happen very often with Devin but they had happened enough.