Chapter 10- I Could Say Love

I walked out of the house, awkwardly trying to pose like one of those supermodels when they walk the runway but I could tell I failed miserably.

Harry was leaning on his car door.

"Harry!" I called from afar.

Reacting to my call, he focused his eyes on me, his smile somehow changed into a frown.

He didn't like it?

Great, shouldn't have trusted the Internet.

I hesitantly walked towards him and I guess he felt like he should smile so he did.

"R-ready to go?" He stuttered.

That was weird.

Harry Styles stuttered?

Wow.

We got into the car and I immediately put on the seatbelt.

I was expecting to feel the car move soon after but all I felt was a pair of eyes staring at me.

I looked towards that direction and Harry was staring at me, his eyes not willing to change direction.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, afraid that he decided to change his mind on us.

Harry pulled out a tissue right out of the tissue box laying above our head and placed it on my lips.

"Wipe it off." He said, sounding serious, "I don't like you looking like this."

My heart felt a thump.

I worked so hard for this.

I worked so hard to be who he wanted me to be.

In pain, I wiped off whatever was on my face and murmured, soft enough to hope he didn't hear, "I thought you'd like it."

Too bad, the silence was too loud, he heard it.

Then he spoke, his voice softer than the last time he spoke, "You don't have to change anything about yourself to get me to like you more. I already like you till the level where I could say love."

I looked up at him, mouth opened slightly, shocked by his words.

"If you think that I'm actually one of those people who only cares about appearances then you're wrong. I might act like one but that's only the surface. I'm nothing like that." He finished off and started driving.

I felt a thump in my heart.

I was wrong about him.

And he was thinking that I thought him wrong.

URGH, what have I done?!

I rubbed my bare arms up and down with my hands, feeling a chill.

Why did I even dress up that way?

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

Were these the consequences of being in a relationship?

"Don't be. I can't blame you for not knowing who I actually am. It's just, how could you not know? I made it clear to you that night, I'm not like that." He said, focusing on the road.

Yeah, because that wasn't me.

The thought of that made my heart ache.