Chapter 16- The Truth Was Cruel

TYSM FOR 500+ VOTES GUYS!! ILYSM.

I stood up from where I was and faced Harry. "Leave him out of this, Harry. This has NOTHING to do with Zayn."

"Nothing?" He let out a bitter laugh, "nothing, right. Don't think I don't know what's been going on between you two."

What?

I shook my head slightly, confused by his words. "What do you mean?"

"Eyes don't lie." He said, looking me straight in the eye.

That night at the cabin...

"I don't know what you saw, Harry, but you should know that I said what I said not because of Zayn." I argued back.

"Do you want me to tell you specifically what I saw that night at the cabin? Because I'm pretty sure Zayn can prove that what I'm about to say, right." Harry fought back and I could feel a crowd start forming.

I could feel the back of my throat start hurting. How could he? I would never do anything like that.

Suddenly, I felt warmth from behind me. I looked up to the side and there stood Zayn, behind me.

He glanced at me and gave me a small nod then moved his sight to Harry.

"We have nothing to do with each other. Just friends, nothing more." Zayn confirmed.

Yes.

Wait.

No.

He shouldn't be explaining.

This is the only way Harry would give up on me... On us.

Clenching my jaw, I forced out my words, "No, Zayn. Harry's right."

I took a deep breath and looked at Harry. Then I said it, "Zayn is the reason why I didn't say those words back. Because I don't just like Zayn as a friend."

Gasps and murmurs filled the hallway. I could also feel Zayn's intense stare from behind me.

I continued my staring contest with Harry and then with the coldest glare Harry could ever give, he turned around and walked away with Louis, Niall and Liam glaring at me after, catching up with Harry.

Okay, Taylor. If you wanna act out this scene perfectly, you should continue it throughout the whole play.

Forcing in my tears, I turned around and looked at Zayn then placed my hand on his bruised cheek.

Zayn looked at me with confusion but thank God he didn't push me away, or this play would've never turn out well.

The crowd slowly faded and with that, I said, "I'm sorry, I just had to."

I finally let my hand go back to where it was when suddenly he grabbed it and pulled me out of the school.

We stopped at the parking lot where it was empty and every student had already gotten to their respective classes.

"Why did you say that, Taylor? You could've explained." Zayn said, frowning.

"I-I can't. It's the best way." I breathed out, looking at the ground.