Chapter 11- Hands Under Tables

TYSM for 3k+ reads and 300+ votes. IT'S ONLY CHAPTER 11 OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS.

I walked towards the cafeteria in shame, trying my hardest to ignore the stares as I held on tight to Harry's varsity jacket around my arms, the only thing protecting me from the spits and murmurs of the people around me.

I grabbed a tray, looking down the whole time as I waited for my turn in line.

Oh, how that day couldn't continue better, Sarah and her bitches were right behind me.

"Bitch." Sarah spats.

No, Taylor. You're not the opinion of someone who doesn't know you.

After grabbing an apple, I quickly dashed away, as far away from her as possible, then when I looked up at all the tables scattered on the cafeteria floor, I noticed I had no where to sit.

I glanced at Ella and I's lunch table, it was occupied already.

Where was I gonna sit?

I knew this was gonna happen.

Everything comes with consequences.

That includes lying.

Suddenly I felt a warm hand around my waist.

I jumped slightly at the touch but as soon as I heard the soothing voice, I calmed.

"Sit with me?" Harry whispered in my ear and then started pushing me slightly towards his usual lunch table.

We sat down, him next to me, the table was still empty.

Where'd did Louis and the others go?

I don't know and I don't wish to know.

I glanced at Harry from the side and he flashed a smile at me, the bruise on his face noticeable, showing his dimples before chewing into his burger. I bet that hurt.

I could see the worry in his eyes. The sadness.

He's far from being okay with hiding his feelings.

I rested my hand underneath the table, slowly reached for his free hand placed on his lap and entwined them together.

Without hesitation at all, he took it, holding onto it tightly, as if his life depended on it, us holding hands.

He didn't even look at me after, acting as if nothing much was going on. A small smile lined my lips and then it broke when I heard familiar sounds of laughter.

My stare shifted from the food to the cloud of laughter.

It was Louis, laughing with Liam over his now horrible looking face, slightly bending down from the stinging pain from the kick in the stomach from Harry.

They looked our way and I quickly looked away, but was still able to see them from the corner of my eyes.

Luckily, they found a new table and sat there.

That was intense.

I tightened my grip on Harry's hand, assuring him it was alright when suddenly the loud sound of two trays echoed through my ears. We quickly let go.

I looked right up and there stood Zayn and Niall, ready to sit right in front of me and Harry, on the opposite side of the table.