Chapter 17- He's In Love With (?)

"I heard everything."

I froze.

The day that I wished never would come finally came.

Now he's going to hate me forever.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Harry asked and I could feel myself sweating.

"I-I didn't think you would even give me the chance to be with you... I wanted to be with you." I explained in full honesty.

We stared at each other for mere moments then I started again, "You wouldn't like me the way I was... But you would if I was Ella."

Harry took a few steps towards me and my eyes never left his and then he said in his softest voice ever, "I never liked Ella. I just admired her. And you know I would've forgiven you if you told me the truth."

What?

This was not how I expected it to be. I thought he'd hate me for this. Maybe scream at me or even seek revenge.

But this?

This was NOTHING close to that.

"A-aren't you mad?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He chuckled, "Mad at what? You liking me so much you'd lie for me?"

I could feel my cheeks heat up.

Oh god, this was the most embarrassing thing ever.

Then he started, "You should know that I'm not in love with Ella, I'm in love with you."

He ran his fingers through my bangs, brushing them aside and then he said, "You should know that this is not a Cinderella story and never will be. Because the Prince fell in love with Cinderella's beauty but I fell in love with YOU."

"Why me? I'm just as normal as any girl in this world can be." I asked.

Then he replied, "Maybe that's why I chose you. Because you're so ordinary that you don't know that's what makes you special."

I could feel the weight lift from my shoulders.

It was over.

Nothing would matter anymore.

He's in love with me.

Not Ella.

There's nothing I need to hide anymore.

And then I whispered, "I love you."

I looked down onto the ground, shy about everything that was going on and then he went, "What?"

I looked up and rolled my eyes, "You heard it, stop pretending."

He smirked and then leaned his forehead on mine. "I just want to hear it once more... Just to make sure it's real."

Swallowing, I smiled and said, "I love you."

And with that, he closed the space between us, placing his lips on mine.