Chapter 19- Why Can't He Just Understand?

I walked towards history class after making sure Ella got into her class.

God dammit.

How was I supposed to explain to her about me and Harry?

After everything she went through, I couldn't hurt her again.

I took a seat on my usual seat and waited for Harry to get into class, fumbling with the bracelet, twisting the bead that printed 'H'.

Suddenly, echoes of loud laughters hit my ears and I already knew who it was.

I looked up and there came Harry, Louis and Liam, laughing.

Harry looked at me and our eyes locked with each others'. He smiled and there came the feeling of warmth that I've been feeling every time I see him. I smiled back and he took the seat next to me.

"Hey." He called out.

"Hey." I replied, "We need to talk."

"Aren't we talking already?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious. This is really serious."

"What's wrong?" He asked, the smirk disappearing from his face.

I leaned in closer to him and said, "She's back."

Harry furrowed his brows and shrugged, "So?"

"It means she'll know. I can't hurt her, Harry," I replied.

"But we can't do anything about it and she'll have to know sooner or later."

"She's my best friend, Harry. Please don't look like you don't care." I frowned.

"I do care, but not about her. I care about you. And you should know that she's going to know the truth sooner or later." He said.

"I know but... Urgh! Can we just keep us a secret first? I really don't want anything to happen right now."

"What about our date tonight?" Harry asked and I could feel his anger rising.

"I'm sorry but... I think we'll have to cancel it, Harry."

And with that Harry turned to the front, completely ignoring me for the rest of the period.

Harry walked out of class before me and I went after him.

Reaching for his shoulder, I called out, "Harry! Wait!"

He took a turn and got to the hallway and I sighed.

URGH! Why can't he just understand?!

I was going to call him once more until I saw Ella walking towards me.

Immediately, I stopped and waited for Harry to walk towards Chemistry class first before me.

"Taylor!" Ella called out and I faked a smile as I walked towards her.

"Hey!" I greeted, trying to sound as if nothing was going on.

She linked her hand to my arm.

"It's chemistry, let's go!" She smiled cheerfully and pulled me across the hallway.

I need to tell her.

But she will hate me forever.