Prologue - The meeting

Third Person
It was the third day of Professor Oaks summer camp for upcoming trainers. Most students were seven or eight.

Ash Ketchum was over in a group of people. He had his friends Gary and Leaf.

Serena Yvonne, another student, was reserved and usually kept to herself. What she didn't know is that would change today.

Serena usually played with her stuffed Pokemon she brought with. Today everyone else was out on a scavenger hunt. Professor oak encouraged her to go but she stayed at the camp site.

She was imitating a Pokemon battle with her stuffed Pikachu and Charmander. All of a sudden a Pidgey swooped down and stole her Pikachu stuffy.

"Hey! Give that back!!" Serena shouted as she ran after Pidgey. "Cmon give it back!"

She heard professor Oak calling her name but she kept chasing the Pidgey. She wanted her stuffy back. Pidgey finally stopped and dropped her stuffed Pikachu.

"Yay!" She shouted. She looked behind her and saw forest everywhere. "Uh oh......"

Back at the campsite Ash and Gary were racing to the finish line. Gary shoved Ash a little causing him to lose.

"Ah man! That's cheating Gary!" He shouted.

"There were no rules against it Ashy-boy!"

"Yea there...... Whatever."

Ash then heard Professor Oak calling out a name. It was Serena. While Gary was to busy celebrating Ash ran over to the Pokemon professor.

"What happened professor?" Ash asks.

"A girl by the name of Serena took off into the forest after a Pidgey that stole her Pikachu stuffy."

"I can look for her!"

"Ash it's dangerous! There's beedrill out and about today!"

"So? Serena could be in danger!"

Oak turned away from the boy.
"I guess your right. I'll send you with..." He turns around to see Ash gone. "With a helper....."

Serena was wandering through the forest. She couldn't find her way back.

Ash was looking for her when a poliwag appeared in front of him.

"Hey! Do you know where a girl is? She's lost." The poliwag nodded and started bouncing towards a clearing.

"W-where is everyone!?" Serena called out.

There was a rustling in a bush. She looked at it with fear.

"What if it's a beedrill.... Or even worse. A lot of them!!" Serena thought alarmed.

All of a sudden a poliwag jumped through the bush causing Serena to Yelp in shock and fall hurting her knee.
The Poliwag looked at her for a few seconds before jumping away.

"I-I knew I didn't want to come to Camp!! MOMMYYYY!!!!" Serena yelled.

The bush started rustling again.
Serena started tearing up and closed her eyes. What she didn't notice was a boy coming through it.