Chapter 38 - The rogue Aerodactyl

"Mommy come on!" Kaelyn shouted pulling Serena around. "You too Daddy!" She shouts waving her hand

It's been a week since the groups meeting with Kaelyn. Ash and Serena were actually acting like parents, and were very good at it. They were getting used to the fact they were basically her parents.

"I'm coming Kaelyn!" Ash shouts with Natalie and Ian following behind the three. They were smiling at the two who were enjoying having a daughter

Today the group were heading towards a research facility on the island where fossils are restored into Pokémon. They were going to see Pokémon that were brought back from extinction.

"I can't wait to see the fossil Pokémon!" Kaelyn shouts excitedly, jumping around. Serena laughed at Kaelyn's actions. "She reminds me of you Ash" Serena giggles.

"How so?" Ash asks confused. "She's excited to see new Pokémon that's how." Serena responds happily.

"Ohhhh right." Ash responds with a smile. "Kaelyn, let's give mom a break. I'll race you"

Kaelyn squeals in delight letting go of Serena's hand and began running. "Cheater!" Ash shouts only getting a giggle from Kaelyn.

Natalie and Ian were laughing as Ash takes off after Kaelyn. "Slow down you two!" Serena shouts chasing after the two. Natalie and Ian shrug and take off after the three.

Along the way, Kaelyn almost fell, but Ash caught her with his new hidden ability to move things with his mind (yes basically the force)

"Weee!" Kaelyn shouts as she is put back on her feet. Ash sighs as Kaelyn takes off running again.

"Slow down Kaelyn sweetie!" Serena shouts struggling to keep up with the fast little girl. Kaelyn smiles and slows down but sits on the ground exhausted.

"Are you alright honey?" Serena asks as she stands in front of the little girl

"Yes momma I'm alright" Kaelyn responds smiling. She stands up quickly afterward, ready to go and see the fossil Pokémon.

"Well we are almost there, so let's go" Natalie says coming up behind the brown haired girl.

"Yay!!" Kaelyn shouts getting up and running again. Everyone sighs and takes off after her again

Soon enough they reach the research lab, "And here we are" Ian says stopping next to Natalie.

"Wooow!" Kaelyn squeals.

"You got that right" Natalie responds smiling at the little girl.

"Well c'mon! You especially Mommy and Daddy!" Kaelyn shouts grabbing one of their hands in each of hers and starts dragging them off. Natalie and Ian follow them laughing.

Yesterday, 23 hours ago...
"Sir! This fossil contains 100 percent of the DNA of an Aerodactyl! We must restore it!"

"what? 100 percent? That's impossible." The lead professor in fossil research responds taking a look at results. "No we can't restore it."

"Wait why not?" Another researcher asks

"It's far too dangerous. We've never had a complete DNA sample and we don't know what will happen."

"But sir!"

"The answer is no! Now get the fossil ready for transport"

"But"

"Listen. We know it was a carnivore. We don't know exactly what it eats, which means we won't be able to know what to feed it. So I'm sorry."

"Okay. Yes sir."