Chapter 43 - Battle for Saffron part 1

At this point in the story I finally changed my writing style. I was working towards it and it began to take full control of how I wrote at this moment.

It was late at night. The KLA were massing on one side of a little river. They were preparing to assault Team Rocket. Most were to begin the attack at this front. Ash and Serena on the other hand, had a different job to do.

"Kaelyn, honey. Can you please stay with this nice soldier?" Serena asks Kaelyn while still at the base.

Kaelyn pouts. "No! I'm going with momma and daddy and that's that!" Kaelyn shouts at the top of her lungs.

Ash comes up next to Serena. "Kaelyn it's going to be dangerous. Your mom just doesn't want you getting hurt. And I also don't."

"But I will not get hurt! Because daddy will protect me." Kaelyn says still pouting angrily"

Ash and Serena sigh in sync. They knew she wasn't going to give up trying to come with. They wanted to keep her safe, but Kaelyn wasn't budging.

"She's more trouble then you thought she would be huh?" Delia says coming up behind the two. Kaelyn pouts.

"Slight bit. Not much trouble." Serena responds tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ash could I speak to you for a second?" Grandmaster Gray asks from the left.

"Yeah sure. I'll be right back Serena and Kaelyn." Ash responds standing up and following the Grandmaster of the Aura Guild. Once the two arrive at a tent, they enter and it was deserted. "So?" Ash asks curiously.

"Right. We are glad to have you on this team. I will warn you, it'll be dangerous."

"So I hear." Ash says rolling his eyes and sitting on the ground.

"Listen. I think you have a lot weighing in your chest."

"Yes I am. What does that have to do with anything?" Ash asks a little agitated.

"Are you sure you're up to leading?"

Ash stares at him dumbfounded. "Yes grandmaster, as a matter of fact, I certainly think I am."

The grandmaster smiles. "Good. I'll be expecting a good fight from you."

"On one condition." Ash says sternly. The grandmaster looks at him curiously. "What would that be?"

"If things go downhill, don't expect me to protect your warriors. My first priority will be getting Serena and Kaelyn to safety. I will keep them safe"

The grandmaster smiles again. "Then we certainly have a good warrior in you. Someone with something to fight for, is a powerful ally indeed"

Ash hears a bell sound. Team Rocket was making the first move. There was shouting in the distance and then explosions began quickly as the Pokémon battles and the battles began.

Ash quickly stands and bows to the grandmaster. He runs outside to the rest of the group he was leading. "Kaelyn if your coming then you'll have to keep up." Ash says softly into her ear. Kaelyn nods.

"Alright. You know the drill. Get past enemy lines silently without drawing attention, and get into the city. From there we will proceed to the tallest tower and make our way to the top." Red says coming up too the warriors and Ash and Serena.

Ash nods and stands holding one of Kaelyn's hands. Serena comes up next to them. "We are bringing Kaelyn with?"

"Yeah. Don't worry I'll protect you and Kaelyn no matter what." Ash says smiling. "On my lead." He adds and he runs into the forest will Kaelyn holding his hand. The Warriors, Red, and Serena all follow.

It was a small group. It couldn't be too big to where they'd get detected, or too small too where if they were found, Ash and Serena wouldn't be taken easily. 

They ran around the battlefield in a wide circle quickly. They couldn't be spotted or the plan was a bust. This was a single chance to take down Serena's father, Giovanni.

"Okay we are clear. Let's fly. We can't run too much." Ash says letting out his Charizard. Serena let out her recently evolved Charla, Charizard.

The rest got out Pokémon to fly on, and  took off high into the air. "Okay. We are moving onto a different plan." Ash shouts. "They will be expecting someone on ground level. We will go through the roof. The roof entrance has a elevator leading to the middle floor. We will disembark and head inside there."

The Warriors nod. "And then?" Serena asks looking into his eyes.

"We take it slow and make our way up too the top, where Giovanni will be. Is that clear?" Ash says

"Yes sir!" The Warriors shout ready to go on the offensive.

Ash nods as he sees the tower ahead. Serena uses her sight ability and spots Giovanni. "He's on the top floor. He's with captured soldiers."

The night before, a small group of the KLA went on a scouting mission. They never returned, and were found to have been captured.

As the group approaches, the slow down and all get off to return the Pokémon. The mission to take back Saffron was in full swing..

As the battle begins for Saffron city, Ash, Serena, and a small group of Warriors from the Aura Guild were ready to get inside the tower. Find out what happens next, as the Journey continues...