Chapter 27 - Shadows

"Pikachu use thunderbolt!!" Ash yells.

Ash was in the middle of a battle with a trainer he had met. It was Pikachu against a new Pokémon, Scyther. The trainers name was David

"Scyther use quick attack!"

"Pikachu use thunderbolt again!" This time it strikes Scyther, causing it to faint.

"Scyther is unable to battle! Which means the victory goes to Ash!" Brock shouts.

"Good job Ashy!" Serena shouts hugging Ash from behind.

Ash blushes and smiles. He was extremely glad he had someone to support him, no matter what.

"Lucky you Ash. You have yourself a cheerleader." David says.

Heck, it was even true! Serena was watching and cheering on Ash and Pikachu the entire battle.

"Well, I guess I'm just a lucky guy aren't I David?" Ash asks.

"You certainly are. A girl, like you have is someone special." David responds.

Ash and Serena smile slightly. Oh only if he knew how special these two trainers were. If he knew he'd probably just blab it on to other people.

1 hour later....
All of Ash and Serena's Pokémon were talking as they ran around, playing. The only two not playing were the two Charmeleons.

"Bulbasaur?" Serena asks. "Have you seen Charla and Charmeleon?"

Bulbasaur looks at his Trainer and shakes its head slowly.

After that Ash and Serena sneak away from the camp looking for the two Pokémon. Somehow not Squirtle, not Absol, no Pokémon or people saw them sneak away.

As they search, they talk about the safari zone which was the groups next stop.

"What Pokémon were you wanting to catch Serena?" Ash asks.

"They are really rare, but I wanted to catch a Dratini. What about you Ash?"

"Oh. I don't know. Maybe a Tauros or a Scyther. Those things are strong!" Ash exclaims.

Nearby...
"This is a good opportunity. Not even their guardian Pokémon are around." Something hisses.

"Yes I agree. Let's get the girl first. She seems like easy prey." Another thing hisses.

"Just don't kill her. You make it seem like your a hunter hunting a Tauros."

"Whatever. I'm going. You following or what?"

"Of course I am! Now let's get this done early."

Ash and Serena were now walking through a thick part of the forest. They still had no idea where the two Pokémon could be.

Ash sees a shadowy figure out of the corner of his eye. He looks and it runs at Serena, quickly, one of the most fastest things he's seen.

Ash summons a ball of aura and chucks it at the figure. It simply goes right through it, and crashes into a tree. Then Ash drags Serena to the ground.

Before they can stand, another figure grabs Serena's ankles and starts to drag her along the ground. "ASH!!" She yells.

"Ash jumps and grabs Serena's hands, and uses his other arm to send up a signal to help with his Aura. When it gets high enough, it explodes, creating a flare effect.

He then grabs both of Serena's wrists and tries to stop them from dragging her off.

"Hurry! Their Pokémon are on the way! Get him off her!" One of the figures hiss.